What's new

THX Moster Cable audio/video cables (1 Viewer)

ScottRCapt

Stunt Coordinator
Greetings All,

Has anyone tried the following speaker cables?

Sellers Add Copy:

"KLE-10BL From KnuKonceptz 10 Gauge Speaker Wire The Largest and most Flexible Blue 10 Gauge Speaker Wire around and it’s Only from KnuKonceptz. Wire has polarity indicators right on the jacket. This is truly the best wire available. With 462 Oxygen Free Copper strands per conductor No other car audio or home audio manufacture even comes close to that amount of strands and no one else can sell it this low."

I am seeing this auctioned quite often on e-bay and it sells at a very attractive price @ .70 per foot for 10 gauge wire and shipping set @ 4.75 per order.

I am just wondering, "too good to be true" or is it a wash after you install your own banana plugs on the ends. I am like everyone else, I had a mish mash of different cables and speaker wire, and then I bought a roll of 12 gauge speaker wire @ Home Depot about 6 months ago when I bought a Kenwood VR-6060.

Now I am already upgrading and the Kenwood is on it's way out the door to make room for a new Sony DA 4ES I bought today. Reading these posts, makes me think that possibly some of my self protect shut downs on the Kenwood could have been caused by my careless wiring. I don't want to submit the Sony to that stress...

So, if you have any info on this obvious name stealing wire manufacturer, let me know... Cause the stuff looks good.

I don't know if I am supposed to put links in here, I am not advertising for these people, just want an opinion or two on the product. So here is the auction page:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...020854380&rd=1

Thanks for any kind advice,
ScottR

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Links are fine as long as you only do a few for auctions not your own.

10 ga is a bit of over-kill. Several speaker sites recommend the following gauge based on run-length:

1-10 ft: 16 ga
11-20 ft: 14 ga
20+ ft: 12 ga

So you should really run the thicker wires to the rears. (lots of money, effort).

And why? The rear speakers dont carry critical sounds to begin with. If you had some audiophile quality electrostatics in a 5.1 SACD system - different story. But a HT system really does not call for this kind of attention to the rears.

If you had trouble wiring up 12 ga, you sure as heck are going to have more trouble with 10 ga.

I have 2 pieces of advice for you:

- If you buy this stuff, get just get enough to wire up your front 3 speakers. Then listen to 2-channel music and decide if the different wires sound better. (Most of the debate over speaker wires centers around 2-channel music, not HT.)

- Buy Radio Shack dual-banana plugs (27x-308) for behind the speakers and the single bananas (27x-306) for behind your receiver. These make it easy to do a neat/safe wire job.

Keep in mind: speaker wires are like the glass/mug you drink from. A paper/plastic/water-glass/wine-glass each make a difference in the experience, but the beverage still dictates the taste. Dont fall for the hype that the wires define how good your system sounds. Wires are 4th or 5th on a list of other things at best.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
behind beer too. no reason to think the Knu's wouldn't work well and the blue color is a refreshing change from the clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks