What's new

THX intros (1 Viewer)

Joe Blech

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder if this is the correct place to be posting this, so someone correct me is so, but I was wondering what the best place to find THX demos/trailers. Is there a DVD available with a lot of them, or are they available only at the start of certain THX certified movies. I noticed that the Toy Story and Indiana Jones DVD's as well as Finding Nemo DVD have different THX trailers, but not sure where to find any others. I have heard about a "cavalcade" trailer but have never seen it. Help! Maybe an ebay purchase? I get a little weary of that, though.

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
Cavalcade is the one on the Star Wars Ep. I & II DVD's

There is a similar THX trailer on the T2:UE DVD.

There are others, but not available (commercially) in one collection that I am aware of. There was a THX WOW DVD circulating at one time that had several THX and DTS trailers on it, but you'd have to buy it used now, I believe.

Anybody seen the "Stomp" THX trailer? I saw it before "The Passion Of The Christ" theatrically (of all things :)), but haven't seen it on a DVD yet.

Clicky

JKS

Robert Spalding

Second Unit
I did this and have all the Dolby, DTS and THX promos on a DVD with appropriate Surround sound. Straight off the DVD's

Sten F

Second Unit
I think the newest THX Trailer is called THX 20th anniversary, which are various scenes put together. Anyone know if this is available on the Internet?

paul:hillsdon

Stunt Coordinator
Well, actually I looked in to this a while back. The official THX site has a few of the more popular ones: Wings (1983), Broadway (1983), Cimarron (1988), Grand (1993), and of course Tex 2: Moo Can (1997). Clicky here

TimRP

Stunt Coordinator
Ebay item number 6301034711 has what you are looking for. Or just do a search on ebay for "THX Ultimate".

Steve Lumbert

Stunt Coordinator
I have the THX Ultimate from the eBay guy in Germany. It's a really cool disk and all of them are recorded in both DTS and DD (even the Dolby trailers). My favorite demo on the disk is the DTS Experience. The recording is really hot so watch your sub volume if you get it.

Highly recommeded :emoji_thumbsup:

EnricoE

Supporting Actor

no, the 20th anniversary is not on the ultimate demo disc from thx. i know this because i own the dvd ;) so far there is no dvd that has this trailer yet included :frowning:

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
The STOMP trailer is not a THX trailer, but rather a Dolby Digital trailer. It is pretty cool, and I'd like to see it on DVD eventually. I have the THX WOW DVD and really, it is WOW! I love it: great demos, little featurettes, and of course all the THX trailers in Dolby Digital and DTS.

AJG

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor

Oops! My bad. You're right, of course. Now that I think about it, the theater I saw "The Passion" in doesn't even have a THX certified theater.

JKS

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I think it's a pretty cool trailer. I'm excited for it to start showing up on DVDs

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor

IIRC, it's just some people playing percussion, etc. a la the performance artists/dance troupe, Stomp. People pushing brooms, walking using garbage cans for shoes, etc.

JKS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks