What's new

"THX", "Dolby Digital" and "HTF" plaques (1 Viewer)

AntonioD

Auditioning
Well here is my first test with a ink jet transparency. I had to use two for the black to be opaque, one just didn't get the job done. The green didn't come out as well as I liked so I think I going to use a blue hue, then change the text to "Lucasfilm LTD."

Tim K

Second Unit
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but...

Their dolby sign is not news. There is a whole thread full of places to buy HT accessories. Most people here are aware that you can buy a crappy plastic dolby or dts sign for your wall. Some of us don't want to spend $20 on a piece of cheap plastic hence the 5 page thread about other options.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I understand Tim I was just helping others out incase they look here that is all.
Hey I am going to my parents tonight to print out one of your signs..probably the DD one. Then I need to find a frame for it. I may post a pic or send it to you tim...

Natelabo

Stunt Coordinator
Hey I thought I throw in my two cents.... Not really a plaque but hey...Here is a poster which I made and am having a friend print out at Kinkos:
http://www.geocities.com/natelabo/index.htm
Geocities won't display pic errr pretty cool though. I designed it after the opening seens at theaters and when in good quality thx has metallic apperance and the writing says "The audience is listening" :)

Adrian_S

Second Unit
Hey I thought I throw in my two cents.... Not really a plaque but hey...Here is a poster which I made and am having a friend print out at Kinkos:
The poster looks cool.... what size will it be when it's printed? How much does kinkos charge for something like this?

MikeWh

Second Unit
Natelabo-- I was able to view the pic. Looks nice. How big will the poster be, and how much does Kinkos charge for that?

Natelabo

Stunt Coordinator
Well the poster will print out to be 27x40 it is a massive file 38-39MB but it is quite high quality made in Photoshop 300Px an inch. I think it should be around 20 for me... Friend works there gets a discount. I don't know how much for real but I may just leave and buy the one avaible at thx.com but I think it is like 40-45 after shipping and I like mine better. But kinkos could be way to expensive who knows... get back to everyone soon.
-nate

Natelabo

Stunt Coordinator
Well guys good and bad news. Good news the poster totally kicks @ss. But bad news... It would cost you guys around $90. Because I got a friend there she pricematched to the original thx poster gave me my poster on super high gloss and it looks sweet. We also added some stuff to the bottom with vinyl and I have to say that this is an awesome poster. Sorry all..
-nate

Natelabo

Stunt Coordinator
Well... I don't have broadband or anything so uploading is kind of out the question but I do have a friend that does. So maybe if you do to I could send it or something...
-nate

AntonioD

Auditioning
eps files can be read by photoshop and corel draw (I think). They are vector based so a vector base drawing software like freehand or illustrator should be able to read them.

Natelabo what format is your file?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks