What's new

THX demos and all that jazz... (1 Viewer)

Jonny K

Second Unit
You know when you go to the theater and before the movie they play the Dolby Digital train? Or that THX intro with the cool robot? I love those things. And just recently I saw a cool one before the new Lord of the Rings movie..."You're listening to Dolby Digital in a THX theater". Very cool.
Can you buy a DVD with copies of these things for listening at home? Just recently I found the Monsters Inc DVD had one of them (the THX robot with cows), but I'd like all these demos together on one disc.
Thanks.
Jonny K. :)

greg_t

Screenwriter
Dolby sells a dvd on their website with all of their Dolby digital trailers, such as the train. I think they were like 20 bucks. They also have a short history of Dolby and dolby digital.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
What other movies have the Akira DD intro?
I happen to enjoy that DD intro the most [for the DD intro category] besides any others. One of my favorites is the dts piano track. The Akira DD intro sticks with the ambience of the soundtrack of the movie.
:emoji_thumbsup:
-Bert

Jonny K

Second Unit
Ouch. 20 dollars US = 30 dollars CAN + shipping. That's a fortune for a couple demos...

Jonny K.

ChrisLee

Stunt Coordinator
Thats nothing compared to what a THX Demo Disc would cost you. Of course you could also get the book: DVD Demystified by Jim Taylor. The disc that comes with the book has the majority of the DD trailers, both DTS trailers, and some THX trailers.

Mark_Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Go to this site to download the THX and Dolby intros, there is also a 10 minute demo called THX-WOW that is very cool. The THX WOW is samples from Star Wars, Indiana jones and Willow in Anamorphic widescreen and 5.1 DD. I actually made a DVD with 10 of the intros and the WOW demo all accessed through a nice menu, its about 500meg, if someone is interested in hosting I can upload the NERO image to your site so others can download. This is definately a DVD to show off your system!!
http://www.cinenow.com/us/vobtrailer.php3

Mark_Mac

Stunt Coordinator
in before the lock! (always wanted to do that!)
David are you saying there is something illegal about my post? I found this link on the AVSforum and there was no problem with it on that site. Myself and several others made ISO images of several of the intros and the THX-WOW demo and I was just offering the one I made freely to anyone that was interested. If this is wrong then feel free to delete my post and my account.

David Susilo

Screenwriter
Quite unfortunately, this forum does not allow these kind of links for copyright reason. A similar thread with THX intros links have been closed. I don't think your account will be deleted.

I don't mean to offend with my post. I apologize if it appears so.

Nathan_Wade

Auditioning
Get youself the DVD Demystified book!
It has...
Dolby Digital Aurora Trailer
Dolby Digital Rain Trailer
Dolby Digital Train Trailer
Dolby Digital Canyon Trailer
Dolby Digital Egypt Trailer
Dolby Digital City Trailer
Dolby Digital Game Trailer
Dolby Headphone Demo
DTS Digital Experience Trailer
DTS Sonic Landscape Trailer
THX Grand Trailer
THX TEX Trailer
THX TEX 2: Moo Can Trailer (Surround EX)
THX Optimode (test sequences)
Plus other goodies!

JamesKr

Agent
Another option would be to get the "Sound and Vision Home Theater Tune-up" DVD. The video and audio tune-up tests are a must for any serious enthusiast anyway, and the DVD includes all of the Dolby Digital demos and the THX exploding globe demo as well. I got the DVD from Best Buy for $17.99.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks