What's new

THX crossover specs (1 Viewer)

JonahWicky

Stunt Coordinator
I see frequent mention made to "THX crossover specs". What exactly are the specs? Is 80 hz the accepted standard for crossover to a sub? Is there a mid-range crossover spec as well?

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
I believe the THX spec is 24dB/octave at 80Hz low pass and 12dB/octave at 80Hz high pass.

Brian

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
just curious

does anyone here use an active external crossover for their speakers?

mcmelctonics is offering a 3 way stereo rack mounted one for under $200.

i guess this bypasses your speakers internal xover...

with all the adjustments it seems like you really can fine tune your system. can this be done by ear (spl meter) or do you need to scope it to do it properly?

any advice appreciated!

grant

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Grant,

I'll eventually be using a 3 way crossover between my ACI Emeralds, dual 12's, and a dedicated 18" sub. What's the model number of that crossover from MCM? I'd like to check it out!

Brian

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
it is in their latest sale catalogue, should be able to find it on their website.
if you can't find it, email me and I will find out the details for you (It's at home, I am at work now)
[email protected]

BruceD

Screenwriter
I use a Marchand XM9-L (symmetrical 24dB L-R) between my Dynaudio Contours and my M&K sub, crossover at 60Hz.
The Marchand has really great specs, like S/N ratio of 110dB which makes it transparent.
This setup outperforms the crossover in my processor and I get to use it in 2-channel as well.
Marchand

James Mudler

Stunt Coordinator
I use 2 Crate LS4-XO. Stero 2 way for L&R and Mono 3 way for the center. Been very happy with them. Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks