What's new

Thx 1138? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I guess if I want to see this movie properly I'll have to get the LD? What about this?:

(Admin note - Active Ebay links are not allowed here.)

Is it crapola or what?

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Most people would rather see the Star Wars trilogy out on DVD before THX1138. But I never swim in the mainstream, I'd rather see this come out on DVD first.
I have the letterboxed Laser and I don't remember being upset by the quality when viewing it(it's been over a year). I'm not sure about Warner right now, a year ago I would say definitely pick this up. But Warner has gotten somewhat better in releasing catalog titles. They might pull a surprise and release this on DVD. It doesn't take a marketing genuis to know that this would be popular on DVD.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
It doesn't take a marketing genuis...
Does such a thing even exist? :D
Anyway, I would very much like to see this movie released on DVD as well. I remember when Star Wars - Episode I: The Phantom Menace came to DVD there was a lot of talk about another Lucas title making it's way to DVD. Unfortunately, it was not THX-1138, but Willow. I was hoping something similar might happen during the release of Star Wars - Episode II: Attack of the Clones, but I have not heard anything to support that. If they do, with my luck we'll get Howard the Duck.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Great film. Could make a great SE DVD. If Warner worked with Lucasfilm they could get THX-1138: Electronic Labrynth, get George and his chums to record a commentary and - hey presto, you've got a neat DVD of one of the Seventies' great sci-fi oddities! This one would look great on DVD in 2.35:1 anamorphic and with 5.1 sound.

But I've got a feeling that we won't be seeing it for a few years to come...

Gordy

Tim_Prasuhn

Stunt Coordinator
yeah, and lets hope we get the uncut version too. It was about 2 hours and some odd minutes originally.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
But my original question about the "bootleg"(?) or region 0 THX 1138 DVD on eBay that I linked too????? Is that DVD likely at least as good as the LD? I want the LD but can't find it.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
No and it's a bootleg

You can't like to Ebay auctions on this forum, nor to bootleg material so that's a double whammy

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I was beginning to think I was the only one that liked this film. Truly great stuff from the young Robert Duvall.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I think the movie is divided up between Zoetrope, WB, and Lucasfilm.

The film was shot in 2 perf Techniscope, so I suspect restoration MAY be needed. The print I see on TV looks pretty good, but is plagued with specks and discoloration.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks