What's new

Thunderbolts (MCU) (2025) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Normally I’d agree, but they need “Thunderbolt” Ross for the title of the film.
Do they, though? Aside from the Edward Norton film, I can't recall him even being called that nickname. It seems like they could come up with a totally different origin for the team name. Perhaps the Countess's employers wanted her to put together a team that can strike targets like a thunderbolt.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
There is no source on that article. I haven't seen any of the Hollywood trades reporting it yet.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
SlashFilm says they independently confirmed it. They’re no slouches.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'm not saying it can't be true. It might be.

I'm just saying that if it is official, all the trades would be running with that story because it would be major news. And that's not happening yet.

Variety's top stories at the moment are Robbie Coltrane's passing (R.I.P.) and Mel Gibson testifying against Harvey Weinstein at his L.A. rape trial. Ford joining the MCU would almost certainly be the top story when/if it is made official.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Ayo Edebiri is joining the cast. But of course there is no information yet on who she will be playing.

If she's playing a Thunderbolt, it's probably Dr. Karla Sofen aka Moonstone. Of the mainstays of most of the various iterations of the Thunderbolts, she's the only one that Edebiri would make sense for with some sort of gender bending.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Marvel has hired Lee Sung Jin as the new writer for Thunderbolts. Eric Pearson, who wrote Black Widow, was originally announced as the writer, but it sounds like he is being replaced.

This movie is supposed to come out July 2024. That means they are almost certainly going to be shooting this year, and they're replacing the writer now? It is possible that Lee Sung Jin has been working on this for a while already and Variety is just picking up the news now. But if he is just getting hired now, he'll need to work quickly. I hope it isn't rushed.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thunderbolts is the latest production to take a hit due to the ongoing writers strike.

It's sort of hilarious to me that Marvel is admitting they need to shut down without writers, and yet the AMPTP (of which Disney is one) has not moved to restart negotiations with the guild yet., which is the obvious next step.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I'm not afraid. I wish the other Guilds would join the strike and work to fix the power imbalances in visual storytelling enterprises. Almost every great piece of storytelling on the screen has excellent writing. Whether drama, comedy, or spectacle. Time to pay the piper.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm not afraid. I wish the other Guilds would join the strike and work to fix the power imbalances in visual storytelling enterprises. Almost every great piece of storytelling on the screen has excellent writing. Whether drama, comedy, or spectacle. Time to pay the piper.
Agree 100%. A mediocre production with good writing rises above budgetary limitations. An expensive production with poor writing is dragged down. The writing is the most important element of a production.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks