What's new

Thunderbird 1.5 (multiple account) shortcut ? (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I just installed T'bird 1.5 so I can advise a friend of mine how to setup multiple POP accounts via the same ISP. I have done it in Eudora and in Eudora, when I setup the shortcut on the desktop, I can simply add some program line arguments to access each "profile". Now it seems Thunderbird's Profile Manager will be accessed everytime I click on the desktop shortcut. Does Thunderbird support an argument to tell it to open such-and-such profile like I did with Eudora or does the user have to select which profile every time T'bird is started.

It'd be easier simply to have two desktop shortcuts for each profile than to select it all the time... I could not find any infomation on this from Mozilla or a google..

Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Aha found it...

Add a -P "profile" to the "target" field in the Properties will open up a specific profile without using the profile manager.

You also need a space between the 'P' and the "profile". It doesn't seem to work otherwise....

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks