What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Today, Thunder in the East. At the start of the 1950’s, Alan Ladd had established himself as one of Paramount’s top actors on their roster with films like The Glass Key (1942), This Gun for Hire (also 1942), The Blue Dahlia (1946), Two Years Before the Mast (also 1946), Whispering Smith (1948) and The Great Gatsby (1949). However, by time Ladd finished work on Botany Bay (1953) in early 1952, his contract with the studio had expired and he would begin free-lancing work as an actor; so, Paramount staggered the release of his final three films – including the aforementioned Botany Bay as well as Shane – of which Thunder in the East was among the trio. Kino has licensed the movie for its home video debut.

Thunder in the East (1952)

Released: 02 Apr 1953
Rated: Approved
Runtime: 97 min

Director: Charles Vidor...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Thanks for this review. I don't recall ever having seen this film but it sounds interesting. With that cast and with Hugo Friedhofer and Lee Garmes contributing, I'll buy this disc. I'll certainly keep my eyes open for Jill St. John. I knew she started very young but I didn't know she was in this film.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Thank you for your review as my Blu-ray has shipped to me. I think I've seen this movie once beforehand, but it was more than 50 years ago on television.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ybmsmoke107
Recent bookmarks