What's new

Thumbs Up to Customer Service at my local FYE (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just wanted to tell this quick tale.

On May 7th, I purchased a used copy of CSI - Season 2 at my local FYE (owned by Trans World). I put it away with the bag and receipt -- until last night. I pulled it out to put it on the shelf next to season 1. After I peeled-off the shrinkwrap, I discovered to my horror that the packaging was completely empty. No discs.

Fortunately, I had the receipt handy, but I'm thinking they'll never believe the story.

Well, tonight, I explained to the on-duty manager at the FYE where I made the purchase and he took the news very non-plussed. He says it does happen from time-to-time--even with new purchases. When I explained that I could maybe even see a greater chance of it happening on an unopened new item because they should have more control over the used product, he agreed. He then looked to see if they had another used copy of CSI - Season 2. They did not. He offered to check with other area stores and then promptly refunded my purchase cost.

I told him how much I appreciated his courtesy and that I appreciated the fact that he believed me. He simply said no problem and was more interested in hearing if CSI was really a good show. He then told me about how he keeps his eye out for used copies of Andromeda and recommended it to me.

After reading about all the folks who bought Predator and failed to get the promised movie ticket, I was actually wondering if I would have the guts to open it inside the store in front of an employee. Now I'm wondering if I should open all my used purchases in-store.

Anyway, after all the times we beat up on various stores and their personnel in this forum for pulling bonehead stunts, I thought it would be a good thing to give an "atta boy" and laud an example of customer service done right.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Mike,

Since you found a decent manager, maybe it would be worth bending his ear about the latest rebate issues. Like 1) preorder has a higher rebate than day of availability (without warning that it would). Some recent rebate "deals" cost more than Best Buy or Circuit City sale prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks