What's new

Throne of blood CC (1 Viewer)

Kristoffer

Second Unit
Okay just got this and watched it yesterday. Great great Transfer! Let's hope that the new Seven Samurai can look just as good!
The sound was also very good and the bass surprisingly deep.
The film of course is brilliant! :emoji_thumbsup:

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor
Glad to hear this! Have been somewhat disappointed with some of the Criterion transfers I've seen. Rented Tokyo Drifter and wasn't blown away by the transfer. Have also heard the Samurai box set is far from reference, particularly Seven Samurai (though this might be changing--?!).

Throne of Blood is indeed brilliant.

Spooky, too!

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
In the UK, there are breathtakingly gorgeous anamorphic transfers of Tokyo Drifter and Branded to Kill that I can't recommend highly enough. The discs are PAL, but R0. There are no extras at all, but the transfers are such a huge step up, I can't find the heart to complain!

Jim Peavy

Supporting Actor

Wow. Tokyo Drifter was strange. Must admit, it didn't make much of an impression on me.

The Criterion disc was nice, but looked like it might have had a tad bit of EE or some other "video-izing" done to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks