What's new

"Thrill me". 'NIGHT OF THE CREEPS' on dvd? (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Not to be contrary, but are you sure that the rights are still with Sony? Because "The Hitcher" was a TriStar film as well and HBO still put out the DVD for that one back in 2000.

I can't speak about "The Hitcher" with any authority of course but it seems to me that "Night of the Creeps" must still be a Columbia title. It's on MoreMax right now and the logo still pops up before the film starts. That might not sound like 100% proof of ownership but I've seen many films broadcast on various movie channels that originally showed the studio logo that produced it but when rights when to another studio, the new logo replaced the old one. Take some 80's films like "The Return of the Living Dead" or the cheesy wrestling film "Body Slam", they were originally owned by [whomever] and the respective logos appeared (Orion Pictures, etc) but when MGM took over the rights, the MGM logo became attached to the films on every TV broadcast. So that has to be *some* indication.

So until something else pops up, I'm of the opinion that Columbia owns "Night of the Creeps"....which of course is not exactly a good thing considering their shoddy treatment of catalog titles. I wish MGM owned it, at least they do something worthwhile with their horror titles.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
I only saw this once, back in the 80's, but I'd like to see it again. I always remembered the "good news/bad news" exchange, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks