What's new

"Thrill me". 'NIGHT OF THE CREEPS' on dvd? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I suddenly have the urge to own this horror classic, but alas it's not yet available on dvd.

I can't even remember who owns the rights to it, but whoever it is should consider releasing it, their are a lot of horror fans out their who would love to have this movie.

Who's with me?

"I've got good news and bad news girls."

"The good news is your dates are here."

"The bad news is they're dead."

Will K

Screenwriter
I think this was released on the HBO label back in the 80's...not sure if they still have it. What a fun little flick this is, would love for Anchor Bay to tackle this one and supplement it with the alternate ending seen on TV prints.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Boy, this brings back memories! If Anchor Bay did an SE of Night of the Creeps, I'd just have to buy a copy. :)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I just watched this on Cinemax tonight, and the Tri-Star logo was right at the beginning, so this would be a Columbia/Tri-Star owned title. Maybe we should do some letter writing?

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Check out the Horror Draft thread in Polls and you'll see that this is one of my absolute favorite horror films. Its also underrated as hell! Its a true gem of a movie that I've been dying to see on DVD since I first bought my player. Give me a remastered full blown SE, and I'd be in Heaven.

Jason Reich

Stunt Coordinator
WOW this is strange!!! I had not thought about this movie in years. God I love that movie, so tonight I was cruizing throug the channel guide and there it was !!! I am recording it on my digital recorder right now! I was just thinking how much I need this on DVD. Too bad its not availible, I would love to own it.

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
Night of the Creeps? I love this movie as well! It also has Dick Miller, my favorite cameo man who they get the flamethrower from near the end of the film. Hope it gets the DVD treatment soon!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I TiVoed it a few hours ago! Always had a real soft spot for this goofball flick. As a 14-year-old I was, like, soooooo impressed with myself for getting the "characters named as horror directors" schtick. :)
I'd buy this one in a minute, especially if it's Anchor Bay doing the work.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
(And I always thought it was really cool that Fred Dekker wrote both Night of the Creeps AND The Monster Squad. Where's this guy's fanboy website already?) :D

Raine Linton

Stunt Coordinator
Another vote for Night of the Creeps! this is such a fun horror flick... Superbit this flick if CTS owns it.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
:laugh:
I was just scanning the topic lists and saw this thread header and was like hell yeah! Whomever started this thread has great taste...
...then I saw the author's name. :b
I completely forgot I started this thread! :b:b
It still stands though, stronger than ever, this film has to be released someday!

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Send yer letters!

Columbia TriStar Home Video

10202 W. Washington Blvd.

Culver City, California 90232-3195

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Rights for this are likely up in the air. It was released on VHS on HBO video.

I met Chuck Gordon around the time he produced "Waterworld" and he was bowled over when I mentioned how much I dug this movie. Whatever happened to Fred Dekker after (ugh) "Robocop 3"?

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Rights for this are likely up in the air. It was released on VHS on HBO video.

No, it's a Columbia title. Whenever a movie is broadcast on TV, *somebody* has to be paid for it (unless it's in the public domain.) HBO video probably paid a licensing fee, much like they did with "Return of the Living Dead" all those years ago, but MGM owns that one now.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Columbia Tristar,

Please release Night Of The Creeps on DVD in its OAR. I like Night Of The Creeps but it is not yet on DVD. I will pick up a copy of NOTC once it makes it onto DVD.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Michael,

Not to be contrary, but are you sure that the rights are still with Sony? Because "The Hitcher" was a TriStar film as well and HBO still put out the DVD for that one back in 2000.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks