What's new

Three's Company Season Four - Is something missing? (1 Viewer)

Robbie^Blackmon

Second Unit
I'd really, really like to think that these programs are uncut, but something seems wrong. I don't want these things to be wrong, I just want reassurance that all is well, then the healing can begin. Here's the troubling bits:

Disc 2 - "Ralph's Rival"

The end joke (tag scene) is missing! Didn't Elmo inadvertently hurt Jack again after being made to apologize for punching him in the stomach? Also, this program's length is just under a minute shorter than other episodes.

Disc 3 - "Mighty Mouth"

At about the 12 minute mark, where is the first part of this bit where Jack struggles to grab his pants and has to chase after them to get the first leg in?

I'd rather someone prove me wrong, here. If you have first run broadcast copies or network reruns do check them. This series is one of my favourites and has been treated fairly well on DVD so far.

see you later, hear?

-R

DaveK

Second Unit
Interesting Robbie.....

Its a shame there's no website that lists the tag scenes for these episodes, because I don't remember seeing them at all growing up, and I know on nick-at-nite/tv land, they didn't show that many tag scenes for the fourth season.

I have to wait until I get my DVD.

Pavan_P

Second Unit
I believe that the tag scene is indeed missing from "Ralph's Rival." It has a weird pause and clapping that does not match the end scene. I will try to find out what happened.

I'm not sure about "Mighty Mouth" but I will check on that.

This is the first case we have had that had a scene missing. I'm sure Ralph's Rival has the missing tag, but not sure about Mighty Mouth's scene missing around the 12 min. mark.

DaveK

Second Unit
I read a review on Amazon.com that The Reverend Steps Out does not appear on one person's disc.

Robbie^Blackmon

Second Unit
Thanks for checking, Pavan_P. Like I said, I hope I can be proved wrong. Still...

I wonder if Anchor Bay might include any missing stuff in an upcoming release? Maybe in a short clips montage or as an easter egg, perhaps?

For me, this show really is my one "guilty pleasure", if you will. I watched it religiously during the original run, then during ABC's daytime re-runs, then on TBS and so on. The Nick versions are too cut up for me.

see you later, hear?

-R

herm

Auditioning
I'd have to watch Mighty Mouth again --

but i thought something was strange about Ralph's Rival!

After all these years of tag scenes being cut out of syndication, i have no memory of one originally tough...

DaveK

Second Unit
Disc 3 - "Mighty Mouth"

At about the 12 minute mark, where is the first part of this bit where Jack struggles to grab his pants and has to chase after them to get the first leg in?

There was the same kind of edit on the episode Larry Loves Janet (disc 3) around the 10 minute mark. I'm not sure if it was originally shown like this or part of it was in fact edited.

Pavan_P

Second Unit
Micah Gwinn, a fan, sent me this possible solution to this situation:

"I have a possibility as to why Ralph's Rival doesn't contain a tag scene but it is just a guess. Don Nicholl died around that time. Perhaps instead of a tag scene they did a memorial to him that week?"

I think that might be very possible. I'll look into it.

Robert Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
I do believe Don Nicholl was still alive at the time (not sure if he's still alive). If I'm not mistaken, he was an executive producer for "Three's A Crowd", which debuted 4 or so years after "Ralph's Rival" aired.

Pavan_P

Second Unit
I found out that Nicholl died in summer of 1980. This episode aired in December 1979, so this can't be a solution now.

Dave Farley

Second Unit
I know this is an ancient thread. Did anyone ever confirm edits on the Three's Company episodes discussed in this thread?

Ralph's Rival

Mighty Mouth

In addition to these mentioned for Season 4, were there any other episodes or seasons with edited episodes?

JMFabianoRPL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James Fabiano
Is the pant scene the infamous one with a "did I just see what I thought I saw?" moment as Jack is changing? You know the one...

I love the SWA link above...will there be any divas added to the division? ;-)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
That was in the last season, wasn't it? I remember the brouhaha because nobody seemed to notice it until Nick at Nite aired it and cut it out.

Robbie^Blackmon

Second Unit
Dave Farley said:
I know this is an ancient thread. Did anyone ever confirm edits on the Three's Company episodes discussed in this thread?

Ralph's Rival

Mighty Mouth

In addition to these mentioned for Season 4, were there any other episodes or seasons with edited episodes?
On another forum about sitcoms online, one member actually viewed an archived broadcast master and took a transcript of the tag for Ralph's Rival. He stated that the sound during the tag scene was very poor on the viewing copy, suggesting that, maybe, that was why it wasn't included. A possibility, I guess.

Basically, what happens is Mr. Furley allegedly had the sink fixed by a "real" plumber, and Jack gets a facefull of water when he tests it.

Dave Farley

Second Unit
Robbie^Blackmon said:
On another forum about sitcoms online, one member actually viewed an archived broadcast master and took a transcript of the tag for Ralph's Rival. He stated that the sound during the tag scene was very poor on the viewing copy, suggesting that, maybe, that was why it wasn't included. A possibility, I guess.

Basically, what happens is Mr. Furley allegedly had the sink fixed by a "real" plumber, and Jack gets a facefull of water when he tests it.
Thanks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks