What's new

Three's Company Season 4 DVD Special Features (1 Viewer)

Pavan_P

Second Unit
The Three's Company Season 4 DVD special features have been released! Please go to my website and view the news section to read all about the special features, the episodes on the set, and additional information that fans must do to get the Three's Company universe all on DVD (all 8 seasons of Three's Company, complete series of The Ropers and Three's a Crowd).

Please visit the news section on my website.
http://jacksbistro.freeservers.com/

Gord and Dave will have most likely have some news about this soon, too at tvshowsondvd.com.

James Thompson

Auditioning
Pavan, thanks for the update. I have bought all 3 seasons so far, and I am looking forward to buying season 4 in May. I emailed Anchor Bay thanking them, and showing my support for future releases. You mention that Season 5 is in the "early stages", does that mean we have a chance of seeing it by Christmas since it will be about 7 months between 3 and 4? Thanks for the info and your site is great.

Pavan_P

Second Unit
James: If they continue the May/November pattern, we can expect Season 5 by November 2005. I'm not saying that will be the month, I'm just going by the pattern. Thanks for the compliment!

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Great stuff!
Hopefully if all goes well, we'll have all 8 seasons by the end of '06. Another great series complete!!
On another note, I have also emailed them a few times regarding the release of The Ropers & Three's A Crowd. It was my understanding that these series were not licensed to Anchor Bay as of yet. How does the situation look now?
Will it be possible to see these in '05 or '06??

James Thompson

Auditioning
I didn't realize that Teri didn't join the cast still Season 6. I may be in the minority, but I enjoyed Nurse Teri just as much as Chrissy Snow, and I was looking forward to seeing her on Season 5. I guess I shouldn't be jumping ahead of myself since Season 4 hasn't even hit the shelves yet, but I am excited to see that the Teri Alden years have a good chance of making it to DVD.

JosephStas

Auditioning
My hunch is that ALL 8 seasons will be made available. With the exception of the final season that show always made the top 10. As long as there's money to be made I'm sure they'll keep cranking out the seasons.

Who do you guys think will be on the cover of the fifth season? Jenilee Harrison or Suzanne Somers. Rightfully it should be Jenilee as she was there more often than Suzanne was. On the other hand Suzanne's face will sell more copies...even though having her on the cover would be false advertising. I don't think people unfamiliar with the series will be happy to find out that they just shelled out $35 to see Suzanne in one minute cameos at the end of each show.

DaveK

Second Unit
This is my favorite TV show of ALL time, and my favorite seasons of the show are 4 and 6 because I think John Ritter did more physical comedy in these seasons than any other (just an opinion).

Goto the Jack's Bistro website listed at the top, then goto page 2 of "Cast Photos". The Season 4 cast pic should be the one used for the DVD.

I think that they should have a Season 5 cast photo with Jenilee, and somehow include a pic with Suzanne on the phone (just like in those one-minute tags). For some reason, I love the season five shows between Suzanne's deparure and Jenilee's arrival (with just Jack, Janet, Larry and Furley).

DaveK

Second Unit
Here's what the box cover for Season 4 looks like:

This is what I think it should be:

What do you guys think?

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I think I'd prefer that as a back cover shot, as opposed to the front. Seeing as the first three sets used formal promotional shots for the cover, this one seems a bit too casual (or playful). I don't know. I'm picturing it on the front cover and it really doesn't work for me. Like I said though, using it for the back, or even the inner packaging would work just fine. Just my $0.02.

Mark Lx

Second Unit
You're right Dave. That's a much better cover. Who cares about consistency between sets. Yeesh. Do the best you can each time out.

I don't even think the covers are real group photos. I'm sure season 5 will be a montage of all the major (and more minor) characters.

Chris Stainton

Second Unit

James,

I agree with you. Season 6 is by far my favorite of the whole series. I prefer it to Season 4 where Chrissy's stupidity went up quite a few notches.

DaveK

Second Unit
Hey looking at the cast picture reminds of those old-fashioned skates....four wheels on a boot...LOL

I've NEVER put rollerblades on my feet, too scared.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
Does anyone out there still think that there's hope for seeing The Ropers & Three's A Crowd released? I think that if they don't announce it before they are done with the 8 seasons of T.C. then we unfortunately won't see it..
:frowning:

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator
This may seem backwards but the release of TABITHA along with the 1st season oF BEWITCHED has me thinking: Wouldn't it be smarter to release THE ROPERS and THREE'S A CROWD before they have finished THREE'S COMPANY? Everybody thinks it is logical to release them after THREE'S COMPANY is done. But from a sales point of view I think it's genius that TABITHA is getting released before all the seasons of BEWITCHED have been.

MY POINT: THREE'S COMPANY is going to sell regardless, so why not release THE ROPERS between THREE'S COMPANY releases to satiate THREE'S COMPANY fans until their next release comes out. If they wait until after ALL the seasons of THREE'S COMPANY have come out some fans may be satisfied and not have the desire to buy the other two shows.

Opinions?

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
That's excellent logic. I agree 100%. I know I'll enjoy 'The Ropers' sets just as much as 'Three's Company', so why not bridge the gap between releases. On a marketing standpoint, how could Anchor Bay lose? It seems that anyone who is a fan of 'Three's Company' is just as much a fan of 'The Ropers', and will surely purchase those sets just as much. I say bring them on!!

Pavan_P

Second Unit
I wish Anchor Bay had released The Ropers between S3 and S4 of Three's Company. That would have been perfect. Let's just hope they license that series and Three's a Crowd very soon. When Three's Company S8 comes out, they should release Three's a Crowd right then.

DaveK

Second Unit
I figured they would've released The Ropers around the same time they released the fourth season of Three's Company on DVD since they were both shown on ABC during the 1979 - 1980 season.

Maybe they could make it up by releasing The Ropers at the same time they release the fifth season of Three's Company in October.

Has any1 ever seen episodes of The Ropers? Is it funny?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks