Three's Company S2 Problems

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Andrew Radke, May 16, 2004.

1. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    I received the second season of 'Three's Company' as a birthday gift and just finished watching the second disc. Both picture and sound quality were phenomenal until I reached the LAST episode on Disc #2 entitled "Helen's Job". Mid-way through the episode, the sound began cutting out a few seconds at a time, for about a split second each time. A few moments later, it got really bad, and the picture would freeze, then unfreeze. I examined the disc itself, and it is indeed in mint condition. I guess I'm wondering whether or not anyone else who has this set has experienced similar problems.

2. StacyV

StacyV Second Unit

I just watched that particular episode yesterday, I had no freezing or audio problems with my disc.

3. Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green Supporting Actor

I just watched it after reading your post, and I experienced no problems.

4. Shawn_Sm

Shawn_Sm Stunt Coordinator

I didn't have any problems when I watched that episode either. Hope you can get a replacement easily. [​IMG]

5. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    Thanks for the input. [​IMG] I tried it on 3 different players, and the glitches were the same on each. So yesterday, I returned it to Zellers (original place of purchase) and they replaced it with no questions asked. I can't vouch for the episodes prior to "Helen's Job" since I haven't re-watched them yet, but the episode itself was fine this time around. Thanks for the help everyone. [​IMG]

6. Derek U

Derek U Stunt Coordinator

Just resurrecting this topic because I just bought the set, and am having that exact problem on disc one, episode 4 ("Strange Bedfellows"). I had the problem on both my DVD players, but the ep seems to play fine on my computer. Has Anchor Bay said anything about a widespread problem? Is this merely a compatibility issue? Do I just have a bad disc? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Derek

7. Dax P

Dax P Stunt Coordinator

Haven't gone through the episodes much (skimmed a couple, they seemed fine), but my player had major 'This disc can not be read' errors with the extra features on the last disc. Some attempts would get me a little further, but it REALLY didn't want to be played, and kept shutting off.

Worked fine on my girlfriend's player, though.