Three Weeks?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John*K, Mar 10, 2002.

1. John*K

John*K Stunt Coordinator

Hi -

I purchased a HK7000 almost a year ago, and the S-Video went out. Anyway, it is covered, and I went to go talk to some of the warranty centers. They all say that I will have to wait three weeks before they will take a look at it... though if I put up $20, they will look at it within 48 hours as "express service."

I asked if they would simply take my name so that they could let me know when my "turn" came up, but no go. This smells like the biggest scam!

My question is whether this is Standard Operating Procedure. All of the warranty centers say, "Wait three weeks before we will look at it." Kinda strange.

2. GeorgeC

GeorgeC Agent

John,

This definitely sounds suspicious. I would call Harman Kardon's main customer service number before you plop down $20 for a warranty covered repair during the first year.

I believe this is the number: 800 422-8027, but you'll have to try it. The people there tend to be very helpful.

It may turn out to be legit, as repair services sadly tend to take pretty long, but I'd check first.

3. Sankar

Sankar Second Unit

There is something magical about this 3 week number! Lots of folks are using it nowadays .. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]