What's new

Three new Paramount releases: 'Norbit,' 'Zodiac' and 'Saturday Night Fever' (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
BR and HD DVD will have three new releases from Paramount in a Promo flyer. No release date given.

Paramount Releases

I probably will pick up Zodiac and Norbit. Saturday Night Fever will probably be forced on me by my family.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I'll rent Zodiac and pass on the rest. This time 'round, I'm trying to be uber-selective about what I purchase.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Once I get one or more of these formats I will buy Saturday Night Fever. Norbit is so bad it may have cost Eddie Murphy an Oscar.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Zodiac is an easy purchase choice. Tense, methodical, and visually stunning...in an understated way. I'll buy all of Fincher's movies just to look at them :) Fortunately, most of them are excellent movies as well.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Very, very cool news re: Saturday Night Fever but I GUARANTEE the "What's with all the grain?!?!" and "Where's my 3-d POP!?!?!" crowd will be bitching and moaning....

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I'll blind buy Zodiac based on all the good WOM.
Even though I haven't watched the SE of The Untouchables I bought over a year ago, I'll upgrade that because the few scenes I have watched from it reveal it to be fairly laden with artifacting...and the HD res boost will be much appreciated with this 2.35 AR film.

Saturday Night Fever has become a movie I think highly of now, and I more than likely will upgrade it, but I wish we were getting Grease first.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"Zodiac is a definate buy for me - my early #1 film of 2007."

Same here.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

I imagine they're holding Grease for next year, its 30th anniversary. And I'll gladly wait for them to include the original sound mix and original Paramount logo.

Thornhill

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tony

I'm with you there, Dave.
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Zodiac is a lock as well!

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I still wish that Paramount would release both cuts of Saturday Night Fever, either via seamless branching or on separate discs. I'm kind of a completist that way.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

Just saw this. That stinks as Zodiac is one that I am eagerly anticipating.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins

I am actually worried that the grain won't be there. I've seen this film numerous times theatrically and if that grain is missing I'll be furious. And please give us something better than 640 Dolby Digital on this one!! There's too much music not to give us lossless, but then again......Dreamgirls :frowning:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks