What's new

Three LNB's? (1 Viewer)

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
On the DirecTV HDTV site it is suggusted that a three LNB dish be used. Of coarse nobody sells 3 LNB dishes.

Has anyone checked-out RS SAT C up-grade?

It's goes $59.99.

This is all based on you being able to 'get' the new sat..

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This is all based on you being able to 'get' the new sat
Actually the satellite at the 110 location is not new. It's been there for a while carrying local channels in North Carolina. On Dec. 27, all of the locals were moved to the new spot beam sat at the 101 location. Rumor is that the HD channels will move to 110 when the new locals start on the 119 sat.

-Robert

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Robert,

Are you using a dual LNB to get 110?

We in the Northern California Bay Area 'just' got access to the 110.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
The old [It's new to HDTV for 'us']'bird' may have been in the air, but not all area's had access to the HDTV signal [according to some customers I meet also buying the RCA 38' HDTV]. We can now recieve HDTV from 110 [according to DirecTV].

Thanks for the reply.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
According to DirecTV.

I phoned the company. Could be they answered only yes to 'can I get HDTV'. And not if I can get HDTV from the 110.

Hope my TV get's here on the 30th. I'll call to get hooked-up and try to get a clear answer.

My 3 LNB kit is supposed to be here the 1st. I'll be the 'first on my block', as no stores in the area stock this kit yet.

Hope it all pay's off!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks