What's new

Three Kings S.E. (1 Viewer)

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
i am watching it again now twice (once with o'russells commentary) and i want a wm9 version NOW.
if warner want to launch this format this will be a major show disc do to the format justice due to the
bleach by-pass process

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I participated in the washingtonpost.com online Q&A with David O. Russel today, and here's some info that pertains to the dcoumentary release:
Greenwald's "Unprecedented" (2000 election), "Uncovered" (Iraq conflict), and "Outfoxed" (Fox News), as well as Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11" and many of the other pro- and anti-Administration films, are being released before the election. I'm surprised Warner decided to drop the documentary and postpone the film until 2005. I'm guessing the decision didn't get Ted Turner's attention, since I'm sure he would have greenlighted it.

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor
I also saw him comment on the documentary in one of the Toronto International Film Festival press conferences. He said that while it won't be on the dvd, it will be shown in some form before the election, most likely through internet by sites like moveon.org.

ChristianLiemke

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christian Liemke
DavisDVD:

You can't keep a good filmmaker down: director David O. Russell's new documentary, that was to have been included on a new DVD re-release of the 1999 film "Three Kings," has found a distributor. Cinema Libre Studio announced on Wednesday plans to release Russell's film, Soldiers Pay, on a double-bill with the "Outfoxed" director Robert Greenwald's documentary "Uncovered: The War in Iraq." Earlier this month, Warner Bros. rejected the finished product as a "polemic about war" and returned the rights to the $200,000 documentary to Russell, freeing him to find distribution elsewhere. The "Soldiers Pay/Uncovered" double feature will start screenings in San Francisco this weekend, and then expand across the country in coming weeks. The two docs also will be released together onto DVD on October 19th.

Joe Reinwald

Stunt Coordinator
I'd be interested in seeing the docs on Oct 19th. However, I must have missed something here--what's the release date on the SE for this film? It's one of those that I've just never gotten around to buying, so I guess a little longer won't hurt me.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Still no word on the release of the SE, I'm assuming because Iraq has now become the issue now, possibly what could decide the election, Warner is even more worried about controversy. However, there's more info on the docs from Russell, courtesy of an interview at the Onion AV Club:

All in all, it sounds like very interesting material. BTW, I think it would be an excellent companion piece to Generation Kill, by embedded journalist Evan Wright. Both focus on the soldiers rather than the politicians and voters. The book was a good examination the mindset of the people who are fighting and dying for us, especially in terms of why they fight when even they don't believe what they're being told from the highest levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks