What's new

Three day newbee. Glad I found ya! Would you review my research? (1 Viewer)

RichJO

Auditioning
First of all, what a terrific Forum! You are a godsend.

I have been doing research for about a month now and here is my system wish list. Budget is 6-7K tops

TV.......................Mitsubishi WS55511 or WS65311(HDTVReady)

RX.......................Denon 2803 or a 3803

Progressive scan DVD.....DVD-2900 or 2800MKII

Surround.................Energy Encore 6 with 10" sub
To go with this HDTV from Direct TV and a HD antenna for backup. I have already did most of the cabling from antenna and dish

I'd be interested in any or all responses before I pull the trigger on this! But I'll tell you this I got an itchy trigger finger!

Thanx
Rich
:D

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Rich,

I would always suggest by starting searches here using the model numbers. 90% of the time, you'll find threads which compare a certain product to another in the price range- and you'll find some feedback from both owners. Usually this is a real good way to get a sense of potential problems, or disappointments some current owners have.

That said, I think you have picked some well regarded stuff. Denon makes excellent receivers (I have a 3300 as a backup in my HT currently), and Energy s pretty much the best speakers in the lower price point.

-V

RichJO

Auditioning
Thanx V

Appreciate the suggestion. I feel a little more comfortable with my decision.

Rich

Pam W

Stunt Coordinator
OK, my $.02...

Great TV, too. Seems like you have your bases covered. Vince makes a great point. I always do searches when I'm about to make a decision regarding a component in my system. There is a lot of terrific information out here!

Pam

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have already did most of the cabling from antenna and dish
How many cables did you run? Do you have any other DirecTV receivers? Are you planning on using any of the dual tuner receivers like the DirecTivo or the HD DirecTivo (later this year)?

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks