1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Three Colours Trilogy anamorphic NTSC release in Korea 8/12

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Adkins, Aug 12, 2002.

1. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins
    I see the Korean release of Kieslowski's Three Colours Trilogy is being released tomorrow. The discs are anamorphic NTSC. I am posting this here instead of in the Regional forum as the Korean discs I bought of The Last Emperor and Pulp Fiction were both all-region (even though the latter said Region 3 on the packaging). The online price for the trilogy is running about $54...almost certainly less than it will be from the mouse.
    I'm not in LA at the moment, but if anyone gets one at Music Plaza in Koreatown (or anywhere else for that matter), please post a review!
    I'd love to know if it a true NTSC version or just an NTSC conversion of the Artificial Eye release.
    Jeff

2. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

Good post. Jeff.
    News like this seems to panic MIRAMAX...or at least light a fire under them...
    at least it seemed to when the long languishing PULP FICTION SE started being sold here from R3(which actually played R0)
    Well, lo and behold, a very few weeks later the Mouse makes the announcement for R1...
    coincidence...?
    Now about those coming R3 versions of EL CID, and FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE.. ;-)

3. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Producer
    Supporter

Could someone please post some on-line vendors carrying
    this product? (I have a region-free DVD player, and
    would love to get the Korean import.)

Mark

4. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins
  5. Marc_Sulinski

Marc_Sulinski Supporting Actor

Does anyone know if there will be English subs? The original language of the series is Frech, correct?

6. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

[looks around to see if the mouse is listening]THANKS FOR THE LINKS, JEFF. I AM REALLY CONSIDERING BUYING THESE VERSIONS SINCE THE TRILOGY IS NOT OUT ON REGION ONE DVD![/looks around to see if the mouse is listening]
    Was that subtle or what? [​IMG]

7. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins
    Steve,

Just be careful that we find out if they are definitely Region 0 before buying it. I have a region-free player, so as long as the transfers are up to par then I'm getting these. I just don't want to mislead anyone until we know 100% for sure that they are not region 3.

Jeff

8. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

It would be interesting to see a list of R3 DVDs that actually play R0-
    there are several films with Anamorphic transfers out from that region
    ANNIE HALL, EVENT HORIZON, POA('68) ANASTASIA-as well as those listed by Jeff- come to mind-that I would like to purchase-
    If the R1 title owners cannot be bothered to upgrade or release a title after a certain length of time-then onto R3 I would go...
    I came close to buying PULP FICTION from Korea-and then the mouse announced...

9. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins
    This link says that the Korean Annie Hall is not anamorphic. If you are correct, I would love to know where to get it!
    Jeff

10. Sean Patrick

Sean Patrick Supporting Actor

keep us posted on this, i'd buy these ina second if they are region 0 and indeed anamorphic.

same goes for Eventy Horizon, a guilty pleasure.

11. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

Akkk. a few months ago, when it was posted that PULP FICTION came out 16x9, from R3, I went on a binge of hunting thru various R3 sites, and am 100% certain of ANNIE HALL being offered in 16x9...I just am not sure where, though I think it was HIVIZONE-when it was listed in NEW RELEASES-once it goes down to the 'catalog' list, no details are given other than stars and price (indeed, they dont even list AH or EH anymore, period)
    Hunting is tough, as not all sites are really 'search in English' friendly, and what with my 56k....
    Keep in mind though, that these guys (DVDTITLE.kr)may be incorrect about ANNIE HALL- as you can see from *this* link, they list THE ABYSS as "4:3 Letterbox" in the specs, yet you can plainly see an "Anamorphic Widescreen" sticker on its cover...several titles make my mouth water, I just wish we knew if
    they all will play R0.
    Abyss: http://www.dvdtitle.co.kr/dvddetail.html?id=5