What's new

Three Amigos SE anytime? (1 Viewer)

Beau

Supporting Actor
Is it possible that this movie would get Special Edition treatment soon? It's 20th Annaversary is next year, so that would be a good time. From what I've heard the current DVD thats out is really crappy. Is there anyone else who'd be interested in this?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
"infamous?" :D

I would be all over an SE of Amigos. Not only is the image crappy but also unstable. Mine has it's own little pulse. Looks like about every 8-10 seconds, the image just kind of goes bump. :b

A college favorite that remains so today. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay overdue.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
That's an understatement. It's noisy, jumpy, non-anamorphic and the film jumps back to the menu before the closing credits have finished. (It's not my player, either. Watch it all the way through sometime and you'll see.)

I know this movie isn't Citizen Kane but it deserves better treatment than this!

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
With all those issues in the existing DVD (issues that would cripple sales of a "major" dvd release), it sounds like they have to revisit this. Here's hoping!

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto

Within its genre, it's pretty darn close to a Citizen Kane type of masterpiece. Comedies do not come any funnier than this. I would buy an SE of this in a heartbeat.

"Do you know what 'nada' means?"
"Isn't it a light chicken gravy?"

George See

Second Unit
I'd buy it in a second, the existing DVD is pretty much garbage.

"Great you killed the invisible swordsman"

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
"I have put many pinatas in the storeroom, each filled with different surprises!"
"Many pinatas?"
"Oh yes, many!"
"Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?"
"A what?"
"A plethora."
"Oh, si, El Guapo. You have a plethora."
"Jefe, what is a plethora?"
"Why, El Guapo?"
"Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I would just like to know, if YOU know what a plethora is! I would not like to think that a person told someone he has a plethora, and find out that that person has no idea what it means to have a plethora!"
"Forgive me, El Guapo, I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education, but could it be once again you are angry at something else, and looking to take it out on me, poor Jefe?"

Jim Tudor

Stunt Coordinator
I've held off on the current DVD for YEARS now, in hopes of just such an SE. My cat is named after the villian, El Guapo!

JiM T

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
I've held off on the current release because I heard how ugly it is. I'd buy a re-release in an instant.

[whisper]say we will die like dogs[/whisper]
"You will die like dog--"
"NO, we will not die like dogs. We will fight like lions!"

"Well, we could take a walk and you could kiss me on the veranda."
"On the lips would be fine."

"I think it's a mail plane."
"How can you tell?"
"Didn't you see the little balls?"

"I suppose you could say that everyone has an El Guapo. For some, shyness may be an El Guapo. For others, lack of education may be an El Guapo. But for us, El Guapo is a large ugly man who wants to kill us."

Ok. I'm done.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
"We are the three Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamigos!"

I love this film, i'd pick it up faster than Ned's quick draw! :)

I still say that Galaxy Quest, while being a really funny film in it's own right, got it's core premise from this classic.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I'll fill you up so full of lead you'll have to use your dick for a pencil! :D

and my favorite...

Can I have your watch when you are dead? :D :D :D

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well The Three Amigos got it's core premise from The Magnificent Seven, which got it's core premise from The Seven Samurai. A Bug's Life also came from the Magnificent Seven.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I would double-dip in a heartbeat, you sons of a motherless goat!

Anytime a Three Amigos thread pops up it turns into a quote-fest. :)

Beau

Supporting Actor
Great to see all this appriciation towards Three Amigos. Hopefully whatever company owns the DVD rights(who is it anyways?) sees this thread and realize they need to release this movie the right way. I'd love a Chase/Martin/Short commentary. To continue with quoting the movie...

"Kha! Kha! Hey, yoooou, yooou, twwwo. WALK! Kha! Looook up here! Look up here! Look up here! Heeey, up here up here up here, kha kha! HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!"

(after they find out it's all real)
"What are we gonna do?"
"We'll were not gonna get paid that's for sure!"

"Lipbalm?"
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks