Thread on Replacement X-Files Cases

Megan_A_D

Stunt Coordinator
I could use a replacement for my Season 1 case because when Suncoast shipped it to me... they put no padding in the box and the plastic that makes up the frame that holds the dvds was smashed on 2 of the sections...

Kyle_R

Auditioning
A replacement would be greatly appreciated, even for a price. After putting my sleeve back togther with glue, it barely fits over the DVD package.

Larry Gardner

Stunt Coordinator
I would like one as well, mine is slowly loosing up and coming apart.

I would also like to get a replacement for the original Planet of the Apes 'paper' box. That basically fell apart the first time I used it - not enough glue or paper strength.

I have no problem paying for these - maybe a couple of bucks like Universal offered for the Jurassic Trilogy (although you also get a disc with it).

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
Are the current cases that the Season One Box is packaged with better then the orginal cases? When were they changed?

AdrianOC

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not too sure when they were changed but the first cases has a thin cardboard sleeve which is the part thats falling apart the most.

The later seasons have a thicker, stronger sleeve.

GregBarron

Agent
My series 2 and 3 are holding up fairly well but my 1st season fell apart even with handling it with care.

I would for sure be interested in a replacement 1st season sleave.

Peter S. I would greatly appreciate it if you could come up with a way for us loyal Fox patrons to get replacement sleeves for the first season of the X-Files. I've applauded your previous efforts with the Cleopatra disc.

Thank you in advance.

Greg Barron

Dave F

Effects Supervisor
Perhaps a more meaningful poll would have been "How much are you willing to pay for a replacement slip cover?"
I agree, Mikah. Personally, I think Universal's promo to get the Jurassic Park Trilogy box for $6.95 is a good option, altough I'm sure that I'll get flamed for that.

On another note, I'd like to applaud Fox for the new set. It uses the stronger case, as was used in seasons 2 & 3, and also uses a new style hub that actually releases the discs without reosrting to force. Nice job!

-Dave

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
I would gladly pay a reasonable fee (under $10) for a replacement case! Please Fox!

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smwe16