What's new

thoughts on yamaha recivers? (1 Viewer)

RodNoble

Agent
i am looking into some diffrent brands.and yamaha has agood track records in other products they make.

i am looking for a decent suround reciver for under $500 canadian retail.

Yannick Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Three months ago, I bought my first Yamaha receiver (RX-V2200). I just love the sound of the Yamaha. The best $1500 that I ever spent.

In your price range, you should check the RX-V530 (my father has one and it sound great) or the RX-V630 (DDEX and DTS-ES Matrix).

If you want true DTS-ES Discrete, go for the RX-V1200/1300.

YM

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
I have had numerous pieces of Yamaha gear over the past 20+ years, including several receivers, amps, tuners and tape decks. I'm currently using an RX-V596 as a pre-pro to drive my Sherbourn 5/1500A power amp until I can put together the money for an AVM-20. IMO Yamaha is one of the best values around for entry and mid level gear. Yamaha receivers have an extensive feature set and a very well deserved reputation for reliability and build quality, particularly at their price points. I have never experienced a manufacturing flaw in any of the Yamaha units I have owned.

Jason Reich

Stunt Coordinator
I have a RVx 530 and I love mine. Lots of performance for the price, great sound on BOTH MUSIC & Movies, Do not believe the hype about them not sounding good with music. Trust your ears.

Ted Ross

Second Unit
Another Yamaha lover here. I used to have a rx-v1000-then went to a da5es & now I have the rx-z1. I just like the way they sound.

Cyrus_I

Stunt Coordinator
I was choosing between the Yamaha RX-V530 and Denon AVR1603 and decided to go with Denon. Mind you, this decision was made after listening to both models at home extensively. I just preffered the sound of music with the Denon. Both recievers are great and defenitely above anything else at this price range. My advice is to listen to different recievers side by side before choosing.

Cheers

RodNoble

Agent
denon "eh" i havent see those in ny of the shops locally.. small town. going to have a look into those..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks