1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on wireless speakers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jake T, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Jake T

Jake T Stunt Coordinator

Wirless speakers might be the thing I'm looking for to put simple surround sound in my family room (HT is in basement).
    Anyone have thought or recommendations on these?
    Thanks
    Jake T

2. Denward

Denward Supporting Actor

I have a pair of Radio Shack wireless speakers and they sound like crap. Lots of static even though they're only about 20' away in another room. I hardly ever use them. Also, the speakers' transmitter connects to an analog output using RCA plugs. It does not connect to speaker terminals, so I'm not sure they could be used for surrounds.

3. Mike Kao

Mike Kao Second Unit

Anyone have any opinion on the 900MHz Advent wireless speakers? I was also considering using these for another room or possibly even outdoors... not sure if it's a good idea though!

4. Scott Dautel

Scott Dautel Second Unit

Last week, I helped a friend set up a pair of 900MHz wireless surround speakers. They were attached directly to the line level outs of his Panny DD5.1 DVD Player.
    Bottom line ... it worked, but quality was lousy! There was also a bit of static interference apparently coming from a 900MHz cordless phone in his neighbors townhouse.
    The best solution around for wireless surround was the Sony SA-IF70 Infrared speaker package . Unfortunately, it was discontinued by Sony and is very difficult (but not impossible) to find these days.
    Scott
    ------------------

5. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

years ago when i worked at circuit city, jbl had a pretty heavy campaign going pushing their wireless speakers. i can't remember the model line, but it was pretty cool. if i remember correctly, the sound quality was decent. i don't even know if they still make these anymore...sorry i cannot remember more details.
    ------------------
    You step in the stream,
    But the water has moved on.
    This page is not here.