thoughts on wireless speakers?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by MarcusDiddle, Nov 16, 2005.

1. MarcusDiddle

MarcusDiddle Stunt Coordinator

Anyone know anything about wireless speakers? I'd like to extend my audio from the home-theater area over into the "pool hall", without running cables. I know wireless speakers aren't gonna be the best quality in terms of audio, but they should be relatively simple to setup, and would be an easy way to bring the audio over into the other room.

I checked these out at Best Buy the other day:
    [​IMG]

Think those would work well, or should I just break down and run some speaker wire through the walls? Again, not looking for incredible sound quality; just a simple means to bring audio from the theater area over to the pool table, like music or the football game, or whatever.

2. DaveHo

DaveHo Supporting Actor

Here's a slightly different approach to consider. My brother-in-law needed a wireless solution for the surrounds in his apartment. Since he already had quality surround speakers, I convinced him to go with the Kenwood RFU-6100 wireless amp instead. It works great & the sound quality seems fine to me. What kind of distance are you going? Keep in mind that the distance ratings on that stuff tends to be a little optimistic in real world applications. He is going 20ft with no issues.

-Dave

3. MarcusDiddle

MarcusDiddle Stunt Coordinator

Not going far at all. Going from the TV area, over to the pooltable room:

[​IMG]

Not that it matters, but the pool table and home theater area have been swapped since the rendering was done.

Actually, I might just go ahead and wire up some speakers. Found some fairly inexpensive in-wall speakers that would be perfect for the room I'm going to.