Thoughts on VIZIO SB3851 38-Inch 5.1 Channel Sound Bar

actfray

Grip
Real Name
Craig Pearman
After using the same four speakers for 40 years (yes, you read that right), I've decided to go with an updated surround sound system. I've been looking at the VIZIO SB3851 38-Inch 5.1 Channel Sound Bar as it's in my price range. Has anyone had any experiences with this model?

Since I'm new to this forum, I'll continue to read about other speaker brand options. I'm not against going with more traditional floor speakers as I will be also using this system to play CD's and records.

Thanks!

Craig

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Owner
Real Name
Dave Upton
Hi Craig,

If you are used to discrete speakers, sound bars are almost always disappointing. If you could give me a better idea of your budget, goals and space constraints (the size of the room etc) perhaps I could give better advice.

actfray

Grip
Real Name
Craig Pearman
Hi Craig,

If you are used to discrete speakers, sound bars are almost always disappointing. If you could give me a better idea of your budget, goals and space constraints (the size of the room etc) perhaps I could give better advice.
I decided to go with a pair of Pioneer SP-FS52 floor speakers instead. They got the best reviews in their price range, and I was able to pick them up for a great price off Ebay. Thanks for your reply.

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KovyChab