Thoughts on the Just Visiting DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnS, Sep 15, 2001.

1. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Even tho I had to shell out $32.99 [​IMG] for this DVD. I had to buy it at Suncoast, since Best Buy doesn't want to carry it.
    But anyway, if you haven't seen the movie, it's actualy quite funny, if you don't take it too seriously. For right now I would describe it as a Army of Darkness meets Bill and Ted(I know there is a better analogy!)
    The 16x9(2.35:1) picture is REALLY good. It was really sharp looking with little or no edge enhancement that I saw.
    The Dolby 5.1 was also really good, as it had good front sound, and good use of surrounds(when needed).
    Subwofer action was decent, as it had much bass during the explosion or pounding of the doors scenes.
    I just wish B.V. didn't price this movie SO damn high.
    But it is worth it.
    Anybody else get this DVD?
    Ricky F,
    If your seing this, I'm sure you would like this movie(if you haven't seen it already!) [​IMG]
    ------------------

2. Ricky f

Ricky f Supporting Actor

3. Jeremy Conrad

Jeremy Conrad Supporting Actor

I have a copy of it and I need to watch it over the weekend along with a nice sized stack of other DVDs. I am kind of looking forward to seeing it.
    ------------------
    Jeremy Conrad
    Editor, IGN DVD
    http://dvd.ign.com/

4. Chad Varnadore

Chad Varnadore Auditioning

I just watched it the other night and must agree that the picture is outstanding as far as resolution goes. Buena Vista has really been putting out some sharp transfers lately. Taking advantage of the formats capability. The sound is equally superb. [​IMG]
    Unfortunately, the disc has not escaped the dreaded plague of edge enhancment. Though, it's use doesn't seem to be consistant throughout the film. The opening scenes particularly are almost void of this annoyance. At least here it is minimal at best. But, once the story transforms into the modern world, there it is. Which is the only thing that prevented this transfer from being reference, IMO.
    Chad