Thoughts on Swans M1.2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jake T, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Jake T

Jake T Stunt Coordinator

Sorry for all the posts looking for opinions on bookshelf speakers, but I REALLY want to find the best sounding that won't empty the bank account.
    So, I ask again, does anyone have or heard these speakers and what are your thoughts?
    Also, if you've heard the Diva R3 surrounds or Diva C3 center, any word on those would be helpful.
    I don't have alot of time to audition speakers, so I seek advice here first.
    Thanks for any info.
    Jake
    ------------------
    Jake T
    --"The Things You Do In Life Echo An Eternity"
    ----Russel Crowe, Gladiator

2. Patrick Scott

Jake,
    Check the AVS forum, there are two threads on the swan speakers, one is 499 posts and the new one is up to 150 posts. I do not currently have the c3 or the r3 but I will be ordering them in November. I currently have the 5.1's and I am very, very happy with them.
    Scott

3. Jake T

Jake T Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Patrick [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Jake T
    --"The Things You Do In Life Echo An Eternity"
    ----Russel Crowe, Gladiator

4. Russell _T

Russell _T Supporting Actor

If I'm not mistaken, the M series are computer speakers. I don't know your budget, but it sounds like you may need the Diva 2.1 for book shelf speakers. I use them for surrounds , but have moved them up front to see how they sound and they have a very large soundstage for a small speaker. I also have the C3 and it it too is really remarkable. the 2.1's are $400.00 pair, and the C3 is $500.00, but AV123 is always running some kind of special.
    Russ