What's new

thoughts on swan r2/r3 or c2/c3 (1 Viewer)

Jon Lane

Stunt Coordinator
Nice thread; thanks gents!

Yeah, much as I hate to say it, the C3 really is heads and shoulders above the C2. Don't get me wrong, for a small room or an apartment setup with either 2.1's or 4.1's, the C2 is a wicked good little unit, but it's not the center to get when you want to really get things moving.

As far as the R2 goes, I do happen to fancy it. Yes, the R3 is a surround speaker we're really proud of throughout the Swans/TAI family, and we'd put it against just about anything in the market, but the R2, for a smaller system and space, has true dipolar fullrange cones. Not the bandwidth fidelity or higher output of the 2-way R3, but a very nice effect only possible with fullrange cones.

That said, we're thinking of dropping the C2 and R2 as we move into the fall months. We need to make room for lots of speakers that'll be inbound shortly. If any of our friends at HTF would like to take advantage of a little special on the C2 and R2 (including the "bc" versions) do let me know. We'll offer em for a full third off just to clean house.

Thanks again for the nice thread, and let us know!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks