Thoughts on sequence issues

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by ChipR, Jun 1, 2004.

1. ChipR

ChipR Auditioning

Just my two cents,

I am one who is not happy with Law & Order being issued with Season 14 now, as well as CI and SVU Seasons 3 with Season 2 still not available.

I like to watch them in order, so even though I will buy the Season 3 discs, I will have to save them until Season 2 comes out and watch that first before Season 3.

Am I alone in my thinking, or do others agree?

ChipR

2. Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson Cinematographer

I don't know anything about L&O, but I would watch the DVDs now just to make sure that they aren't defective.

3. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    I agree... I think they should be released in order.. that is how I like to watch them... especially for shows I never seen on tv... like how I did with 24, Alias and The Dead Zone!

They need to think a little about the ppl watching it for the first time on DVD!

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Wow. We've gotten to the point where people are complaining when the studios do release something on DVD.

Aside from this being Law & Order, so you're not going to be missing a whole bunch of backstory or anything, no-one's forcing you to buy them now as opposed to five years from now when the releases have caught up. Heck, Universal may have cut prices by then.

This is a good thing, because it quite possibly indicates that NBC Universal will be releasing seasons soon after the last episodes air as a matter of course.

5. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I gave my thoughts on this in a similar thread...perhaps these threads should be combined?

Well said! [​IMG]

6. hanson mat

hanson mat Stunt Coordinator

Exactly, that is how I am watching Dead Zone season 2... I will get the dvd set asap when it is out, and record the first few episodes of the 3rd season b4 watching them... I like the sequential order.

7. Sean.S

Sean.S Stunt Coordinator

Personally, I think reverse-issuing is great for a purely episodic series such as Law & Order. I'm much more willing to buy Season 14 than Season 2 for reasons of personal preference (characters, for one). Besides, its a DVD release of a major TV show--always a good thing!

8. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

And it's not reverse-issuing - Universal is not likely to release Season 13 next. It's just getting the most recent season out, in addition to the rest of the show coming out in order.

9. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    This would be good... I would have no problem with them releasing the new season in addition to going in order. I just worry about getting the early seasons out in a timely fashion for those of us that are watching the shows for the first time.