Thoughts on Picture problem of 61" Hitachi

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Scott Mullen, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Scott Mullen

Scott Mullen Extra

A good friend of mine has a 61" Hitachi UltraVision Widescreen TV, I think its about 4 years old... The problem is something went wrong or out of focus on the picture.... Everyting else seems fine....

The colors look kinda ghosted, like there is an image, then the same image a few millimeters off of that in a different shade... Its seems pretty much to me like watching a really bad or cheap 3d Movie....

Not that we thought that would fix it, but we did clean the lenses (3) with a lens cloth.... That brightened it up a a lot but didn't help the actual image/color problem...

Any tips or suggestions???

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

If it suddenly went out ... then it is an indication that the convergence board is going or has gone.

If the separation is small, then convergence in the user/service menu would help. Maybe.

Regards

3. Scott Mullen

Scott Mullen Extra

The picture problem happened over a few months rather than just turning it on and it was like that...

Also, I don't remember seeing a convergence menu, but I'll look again tonight...

Thanks for the reply!!!

4. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast
    Supporter

Clint
    Sounds like the convergence might have drifted. I had a 51" Ultravision which used to drift quite a bit. It's been so long ago I no longer remember how to access the service menu.