Thoughts on Mits's MicroDisplay?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by MarkHastings, Apr 7, 2005.

1. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Ok, I'm looking to get a 50"-60"+ widescreen tv and I hate to start another one of those "Which large format TV should I get?" threads, so I just thought I get opinions on Mitsubishi's proprietary screens:

MicroDisplay
    I guess it's a combination of DLP and LCS? Thoughts?

p.s. I have a Mits 42" WS-RPTV and love it, so I figured I'd stick with the brand. This MicroDisplay sounds interesting...

2. Alf S

Alf S Cinematographer

Alfer
    Do a search for Mitsubishi on this forum and you will find several comments on this already(including my thoughts).

[​IMG]

3. MarkHastings

Oh. Searching for MicroDisplay didn't yield any results. I figured searching for Mitsubishi would be like searching the DVD forum for "DVD" [​IMG]

EDIT: Searching for "Mitsubishi + Microdisplay" only yielded one thread (i.e. this one) and I searched by post too. Am I to assume that any mention of Mits DLP means the MicroDisplay (since there's no mention of it here).

Any thoughts of which (of the many Mits threads) I should start with??

4. Alf S

Alf S Cinematographer

Alfer
  5. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i think mits is using the term "microdisplay" interchangeably to denote both the dlp and the lcos technologies.

just last weekend, i saw the 82" lcos tv. all i can say is [​IMG] ! that thing was amazing ... but so was the price. it's the only lcos tv i've seen (besides the jvc dila) and i must admit the picture was *very* smooth. absolutely no shimmering, rainbow, screendoor, whatever.

but i think you're actually looking at the dlp's? i think they're pretty nice tv's and include some nice bells and whistles (like netcommand, card readers, etc). but i'm actually not a big fan of them. to me, the picture is too dark (yeah, i know the whole shadow detail speech), but i just can't get over it. also, that screen is too reflective. i believe it can be removed...but i'm not sure.

6. MarkHastings

Yeah, I see that's why nobody has mentioned MicroDisplay in their posts, because they are referring to it as just DLP.

Now that I know that, the other "Mits DLP" threads are now helpful.