Thoughts on Kenwood VR-7080

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by JohnnyCorona, Jun 22, 2003.

1. JohnnyCorona

JohnnyCorona Agent

I think I have decided on this receiver. Seems to have everything I'm looking for. Anybody have this or seen it in action?

Johnny

The speakers I have..

Towers = Yamaha NS-A200XT
    Center = Yamaha NS-AC40X
    Surrounds = Yamaha NS-5290

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Buddy, I believe this just came out. Give folks the opportunity to buy one first! [​IMG]

3. Ken Chui

Ken Chui Supporting Actor

The VR-7080 is one of the models I'm contemplating, along with the VR-7070 and the Onkyo TX-SR501 (silver). General info on either Kenwood receiver is sparse at the moment, much less a review; same story with the Onkyo.

I would like to read a few professional (or even user) reviews before I make a decision.

BTW, does anyone know of any online / B&M retailers that stock the TX-SR501 with the silver finish?

4. JohnnyCorona

JohnnyCorona Agent

Well, I decided to buy it! Will arrive on Friday. I'll post a non-professional review of it when I get it.

Johnny

5. Myo K

Myo K Stunt Coordinator

from what ive heard the kenwood 7080 is the same as the 7070, but instead of the standard kenwood remote, you get the khameleon remote.

the 7070 is just like the 6070 of last year, but with a silver chasis and inferior remote (not rf)

6. Ken Chui

Ken Chui Supporting Actor

Johnny:

Have you had a chance to setup and test your receiver? Looking forward to your review.

7. JohnnyCorona

JohnnyCorona Agent

Oops, I forgot, Ill post a review in a new thread right now..

but to sum it up.. I LIKE IT!

Johnny

8. Kevinkall

Kevinkall Second Unit

I have the 6070 which is the same as the 7080 but without the silver finish and a different remote(I like the the 6070 remote better). IMO I think that the 7080 looks kinda cheap with the silver finish and it should have had some upgraded features, not just be a different color. I'm very pleased with my 6070 and I got mine for $290 about 4 months ago.