What's new

Thoughts on In Wall mounted speakers (1 Viewer)

Shawn N

Agent
What are your thoughts on in wall mounted speaker for rear surround? I went to tweeter today and listened to both Boston Acoustics & Niles and they sound pretty good.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I wouldn’t want them for the front, due to inferior imaging and other problems, but for the rear speakers I think they’re a good option. The trade-off is that they probably won't timbre-match the fronts very well.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Shawn N,
I went with Sonance 622t in walls for front L & R and rear L & R surrounds. My system is a compromise due to my wife, of descrete looks and high end. They work so well but I prepared my room for them during construction. Quality speaker cable, 5/8" sheetrock glued to 2x4 studs and many 2" screws as well. I also used R12 insulation behind and am going to install the sonance boxes behind the speakers when I get the time. Go to sonance.com Their "MC" center is also real hot, which sits in my aimore on a shelf above my TV. Good luck. Mike.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks