What's new

Thoughts on HP300i DVD+R/RW? (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I just picked up a HP 300i DVD burner for $99CAD (planning on pricematching it :D ), is this burner any good?

Diallo B

Screenwriter
i have an hp dvd300e external. +R/+RW burner and I am quite happy with it. I have it connected via firewire. I have only burned a few coasters that were completely my fault. (i have burned at least over 120 disks)

where did you find that price on the 300i?

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Nick; You and I spend WAY to much time @ Future Shop:)

I even thought about it for a minute, but why buy outdated product??

Especially when you can get an OEM +- for under $200

Brent
I know I know, it's twice the price but whatever!

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
haha, true dat brentl... Its even worse now that ive found forums that specifcally deal wtih great deals in canada (already purchased a $50 MS keyboar for $16.95 after PM :D )... And their CDs are just so DAMN cheap... $9.99? ***IF*** i were inclined to download the CD, my time would cost more than $9.99 :D Maybe not, but im a lazy bastard, so you gotta factor taht in...

It was a one day sale at FutureShop... THey had very limited stock, an employee said there was a truck in the shipping dock with three burners, and he'd call me when they got thjem up to the store, surely enough he did.

Im gonna attempt to pricemathing it with Staples (though they have 'coindicentally' run out of stock), but i doubt they'll take it.

Anyhoo, its not opened yet (so tempting, sitting there unopened on top of my computer), so i could always return it...

As for it being out of date... I dont think we'll be seeing DVD burners anytime soon for $100 (im guessin in a year and a half at least?)... Anyways, its just slower, its not like I bought a new 250MB ZIP drive ;).. i doubt DVD+R/RW is going to go obsolete soon...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I would have recommended holding out on a dual-format DVD burner just for flexibility's sake (in case you see a good deal on recordable DVD media, but it's in the other DVD format, and you end up cursing the single format DVD burner).

brentl

Senior HTF Member
New 400i today @FS for $170

Let me guess the site Nick would it be RFDeals??

I missed the deal on the $20 cordless leather bound mouse @Staples.... Damn it!

Brent

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Yeah, I cant stand to part with $170 anyways, even if its an awesome deal for a 100x HD-DVD blu-ray burner :D Well, maybe... But $100 is a pretty good price-point for where i top off... Mind you, im only 17 with a P/T job which i dont work a lot at :p)

Yeah, RedFlagDeals... Staples.ca never honoured the Leather MS Wireless mouse. I ordered it, it was 'out of stock' :rolleyes

I was able to get the MS Multimedia KeyBoard PM'ed at FS, got the $50 kb for $16.95 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks