What's new

Thoughts on Halloween H20 (1 Viewer)

AaronG

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys! Just wondering what everyone thinks of the disc (and the movie). Is it worth buying?
Thanks

James T

Screenwriter
H20 was the first Halloween movie of the series I watched(I saw the first one a while later)...and all I can say is that Michael Myers is Superman in disguise.
The movie H20 is stupid and not even worth renting.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Halloween H20 is a difficult movie for me, on the one hand I like it because it brings Laurie back into the series to fight it out with her evil brother, but on the other hand, it's just too modern, and what I mean by that is, it has too many 'Scream' type elements in it, especially that godawful music by Marco Beltrami, John Carpenters original music would have made A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE to the feel of this film, a tragic missed opprotunity.
Also, I just seem to have a hard time believing that this person is actually the Micheal we saw in parts 1 and 2, their is something off about this guy, he just feels like an imposter, and not really the guy we saw in those films. And considering what i've heard about the new 'Halloween' film, my feeling may just prove to be true.
But I really do love Jamie Lee Curtis in this movie, she does a really great job of making us believe that her life has been hell because of the event's in the first and second films. Her torment is quite plausable, and we really understand her position, she lives in fear because she knows somethng that no one else does, that Micheal cannot die, and may very well still be out their...somewhere, maybe even HERE.
Overall, if your a fan of the series I would say you should check it out. It's good, but not what I expected it to be.
The dvd itself is alright, it sports a non anamorphic LD transfer, the DD 5.1 is adequate enough I guess, and the extras are pretty fleeting for a so called 'collector's edition'.
------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!
[Edited last by John Williamson on October 28, 2001 at 03:21 AM]

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
I have to agree with John on this one.
I have the DVD because I enjoy the movie and I think it is worth buying. Bringing Jamie Lee Curtis back is awsome, but as John said if that original Halloween music was used, man o man this movie would have been more creepy.
Give it a rent first but If you see it for a decent price by all means get it. It is an enjoyable movie
Regards,
Ricky

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit
H20 is a great suspense film.
Viewed as part of a trilogy (ie Halloween 1, 2 and H20) it works very well.
I personally can't recommend it enough. Very tense and suspenseful and a great performance from Jamie Lee Curtis.
I am worried about the plot of Halloween: The Homecoming though. Rather sounds like it will undermine the whole point of H20 completely (rather like Alien 3 did with Aliens - if you catch my drift!)

Patrick Mirza

Supporting Actor
H2O has to be one of the most mishandled DVDs ever!
They were supposed to have the thing actually loaded with some nice features (commentary, DTS) that, unfortunately, never made it to the disc. Oh, but they also forgot to delete the listings on the back of the package for the entire first run of the DVD! My local Tower had gone so far as to sticker over the spec box!
And they still had the gall to call it a CE and charge $35 for it!!
"Whatever"
------------------
webmaster davisdvd.com
International Exclusives

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
Well, it doesn't make up for everything that they left out of the disc, but I've noticed it at Best Buy several times over the last few weeks for only $14.99. I haven't picked it up yet, but I'd the movie itself is worth that much. At least the OAR is in place.
Just a thought.

bill lopez

Second Unit
I paided the $30 for this dvd when it came out, but now it can be found for under $20 and worth the price. As far as Mike Myers actor goes this is the best one since the 1st movie. The actor who played in 2 was more a stiff zombie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks