Thoughts on GC Madden 2002

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by William Ward, Nov 20, 2001.

1. William Ward

William Ward Supporting Actor

Dang!! that's a little disc(aren't they all). Anyhoo, this has got to be the best football GAME ever. It doesn't offer all the sidebar stuff that the old FPS series did but it's close. The gameplay basically took the best of SEGA's and mixed it with the best of Madden. My beef with SEGA was the line play but EA made the computer linemen(yours and theirs) more realistic. No more linemen that won't even try to get off the block. No more holding when you try and run away from the linemen. Everything else is as expected from EAs biggest franchise.

Heck, they even added the expansion draft and Houston Texans.!!

Anyone else get this yet.

Don't worry, I'll be getting Star Wars Rogue Leader for Christmas(at least I hope).

2. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

The lineman issue you speak of with the NFL2k series will be fixed on both the Xbox and PS2 versions of NFL2k2, atleast thats what I understand.

3. William Ward

William Ward Supporting Actor

Yet they wouldn't do it for their own SEGA version. I already traded in my NFL 2K2 for a GC memory card.

What I wasn't expecting in this is the college draft can have the player's names and height/weight/college/etc edited. You can't change the attributes such as speed, throwing power, agility, etc., but you can change everything else about the player. Top notch!!

It would be nice if you could edit the Texans uniforms though.