What's new

Thoughts on Def Tech's ProCinema 60 (1 Viewer)

Bill Vinson

Auditioning
I know not everyone is fond of Def Tech. I was looking at Fluance, but thought I might spend a little more and get a full set with subwoofer. A local shop had the ProCinema 60 set for < $600 on sale and the speakers sounded great. However, I don't have a lot to compare against.

From what I understand the 60's are just a smaller version of the 80's which got a good review from "Home Theater" magazine. DVD Etc. gave the 60's a good review, but I was wondering what anyone here thought about them at that price?

These will be for a small 12' x 14' room with a corner 32" TV. I don't think I hear the differences in speakers as well as most here, but I am simply looking for some really good sounding speakers that will keep me going for a while as I haven't ever had a full surround sound set before.

Thanks,
Bill

Bill Vinson

Auditioning
Question part 2

Please forgive me if this is a dumb question, but there is much to speakers and home theater equipment that I need to learn...

Def Tech says their speakers have the following spec:
Nominal Impedance: Compatible with 4-8 ohm outputs

My Kenwood VR-209 Receiver says all of the speakers output are 8-16 ohms. Will the receiver properly drive these speakers or do they both need to be 4-8 ohm compatible?

Thanks,
Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks