Thoughts on Def Tech's ProCinema 60

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Bill Vinson, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Bill Vinson

Bill Vinson Auditioning

I know not everyone is fond of Def Tech. I was looking at Fluance, but thought I might spend a little more and get a full set with subwoofer. A local shop had the ProCinema 60 set for < $600 on sale and the speakers sounded great. However, I don't have a lot to compare against.

From what I understand the 60's are just a smaller version of the 80's which got a good review from "Home Theater" magazine. DVD Etc. gave the 60's a good review, but I was wondering what anyone here thought about them at that price?

These will be for a small 12' x 14' room with a corner 32" TV. I don't think I hear the differences in speakers as well as most here, but I am simply looking for some really good sounding speakers that will keep me going for a while as I haven't ever had a full surround sound set before.

Thanks,
    Bill

2. Bill Vinson

Bill Vinson Auditioning

Question part 2

Please forgive me if this is a dumb question, but there is much to speakers and home theater equipment that I need to learn...

Def Tech says their speakers have the following spec:
    Nominal Impedance: Compatible with 4-8 ohm outputs

My Kenwood VR-209 Receiver says all of the speakers output are 8-16 ohms. Will the receiver properly drive these speakers or do they both need to be 4-8 ohm compatible?

Thanks,
    Bill