What's new

Thoughts on 1910 (Component) (1 Viewer)

Geoff H

Stunt Coordinator
Purchased the Denon 1910 this week. Connected via component, i.e., 480p, and calibrated with Avia -- I'm comparing with a JVC cheapo that the unit is replacing. TV: 48 in. rptv Mitsu -- I can tell you that I'm surprised (initial) that the pq has no remarkable difference from the JVC, can also can say the same about audio.

The Denon also has less features, e.g., it only can resume for the ONE disc that's IN the tray, take it out and resume is lost, the JVC can remember up to 10 dvd's -- there's lots of other feature items that I won't go into...

I'm planning on getting a tv with dvi in the future so I can get 720-1080 which is why this player is primarily bought in the first place, but I just wanted to give my .02 on the component/480p end of things.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
You're not the first to say this sort of thing.

It really comes down to this: There's no point in buying the 1910 unless you intend to use the DVI so you can upconvert.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks