What's new

Thoughts & Experience with this Television (1 Viewer)

John DD

Auditioning
Real Name
John
SAMSUNG QN65Q80R 65" Class Q80R QLED Smart 4K UHD TV

Considering this make & model to replace our prime video entertainment source in the house. See it regarded well of CR, for starters. Any suggestions on a better choice, plusses and minuses of this unit, or any other helpful thoughts would be appreciated by the members of HTF - Thanks.

Jim517

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jim
From everything I've read about it, and seeing it in person, it's a great TV. There's always something better. It depends on how much you want to spend and your uses.

John DD

Auditioning
Real Name
John
We are your basic over-the-air broadcast and streaming content viewers. Movies, sports, the usual fare. No games will be played on this unit.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That appears to be a discontinued model. Are you buying it new?

John DD

Auditioning
Real Name
John
Yes, I would buy it new. That explains why there seems to be some good deals out there on this particular unit. Perhaps I should look a little deeper - to see if there's a design/performance reason why it's discontinued. Saw it for $1200 and change on ABCTV's, but they look like they have an above average amount of unhappy customers.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
That is last year's model. If you are saying that you are seeing a lot of unhappy customer reviews of that vendor, it's possible they still have a large inventory of prior year models for that reason, among others.

One thing I always tell friends, family, and clients - if you are buying a high-end electronics purchase such as a TV or A/V receiver, the price is really low, and it is a discontinued model, check the mfr website to make sure they are an authorized reseller. If they are not, many mfr's now void any warranty unless you purchase from an authorized reseller.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks