Thoughts about using Integra 7.2 as a pre/pro

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steven Phipps, Feb 1, 2002.

1. Steven Phipps

Steven Phipps Stunt Coordinator

Steve Phipps
    I am thinking of using this unit as a pre/pro, I just can't wait any longer for the Outlaw or Rotel. Anyone ever heard of Integra? I was told by a guy at the stereo store I always buy from, that he uses it w/o seperate amplification, and he is blown away by it sonically. Does anyone think this could compete with the Rotel 1066 or outlaw 950? Thanks!!

2. Steven Phipps

Steven Phipps Stunt Coordinator

Steve Phipps
    Actually, now I have another dilemma! My situation is this:

I currently have a pair of Martin Logan Aerius speakers with an Aragon 2004 to power them, a pair of B&W DS6 dipole in the rear (side). I am currently using a Harmon Kardon AVR-520 to power the rear, and to use as a pre/pro. Now, I am not impressed with the HK at all, I love the prologic II, but sonically, I do not like this unit, as well as the fact, it does not detect an analog or digital source automatically, something which my previous Pioneer Elite VSX29TX did. Anyhow, I hear the Integra is a great piece, but I am trying to make my move into separates. Kind of defeats the purpose of selling my Pioneer, except for the features...but now I came across another Aragon 2004, which could power my DS6's, and maybe eventually bi-amp my ML's at a later date. This amp can be had at $850CAD including tax, and a very limited warranty, but it is the exact same amp as I already have. So, if I get this amp, I will only have about $700CAD to spend on a pre/pro or reciever. I am so confused on what to do...I don't have extra speakers yet for the 7.1 setup, so I'm thinking of instead of getting an Outlaw or Rotel now, maybe just finding a used 5.1 pre/pro or reciever and picking this amp up while I can...it will never be outdated at least. HELP!!