What's new

Thought I Would Introduce Myself (1 Viewer)

DougKuhn

Stunt Coordinator
As mentioned...I thought I wanted introduce myself since I am new to the boards here and think it is a good idea for new members to do so. Excellent information here, probably the best HT/AV forums I have found on the internet. I have been lurking for a few months trying to educate myself in HT before just going out and buying a system...So Xmas rolls around the my better half goes and buys me a Denon AVR-1803 receiver for Xmas...not knowing that she has managed to create a monster with this one unit. :D
In any event...I have an addiction to VW's, automotive detailing my car and computers...now that this receiver has entered the household...I think I am in big trouble, as is my better half. Heh heh. So far we have pretty recent equipment that all is compatible with the Denon and I am on a cable and wire hunt this week to get that out of the way before the expensive stuff starts rolling in. A center channel first, then on to front towers...

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Welcome to the Forum Doug. :) Hope you find good information here and we'll look forward to reading good stuff from you.

DougKuhn

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys! Of all the other boards I belong to...This is probably the most professional and no BS going on here. I am sure I am going to have a lot of questions in the future as I start shopping for my HT system. Tonight/tomorrow...I am buying speaker cables for my fronts, and some composite cables for the reciver and DVD player, including optical cables for the DVD and PS2 as well. For the DBS, I am going to but a Monster Video 2 RCA component set as well.
I don't think I am going to leave the house anymore...unless the cars need cleaning. :D

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Doug, save yourself! Run far far away... there's still time! ;)
Bah, they never listen to me. Welcome to Paradis... err... Home Theater Forum.

DougKuhn

Stunt Coordinator
It is already too late. I warned her.."You've created a new monster."

She just shook her head saying, "What have I done?"

Good thing for me...she is away on business till Friday. Heh heh!! Woot!

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Looking for cables? :D
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=118133
Acoustic Research, not as famous (or expensive) as Monster Cable but they perform the same. If you're not on a tight budget bettercables.com has some great choices.
But enough tech talk, that's a whole other forum. :b So you're interested in HT, cars, and computers. I think we may have room for ya. Actually I should say you shoulda came here sooner! :) Welcome!

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Welcome, Doug.

Have fun with the set-up; remember, the journey is as much fun as the destination.

(by the way, I second the Acoustic Research cables remark)

Jon

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Welcome Doug. We look forward to you being a contributing member of society (as opposed to lurking). ;)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Welcome Doug, and leave all hope behind, I've been here nearly 3 years [who yelped?] and I only joined to find out if George Lucas's little space saga was popping out on digital discs anytime soon, and have been a prisoner here ever since...help me! ;)
A word of warning, followers of the unspeakable Cthulhu have been know to lurk in the darkest recesses of the HTF.. *cough*cough* ...and stay off the moors...
[wolf howling].:eek:

DougKuhn

Stunt Coordinator
always nice to see another vw addict on the forum, there can never be enough.
Christ, Plymouth? You would not happen to know any of the Rossi family would you? (PJ, Jamie)...Swing by www.VWenthusiast.com sometime.
Budget is a little tight...so I will def. havea look at the Acoustic Research wires. I have been eyeballing the Monster cables over at Crutchfield and was wondering if they are a good as they are revered. Thanks for the tip...will browse
bettercables tonight and see what they have.

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Welcome to the HTF Doug. You will learn more that you realize here about the sick hobby of home theater! :O) You'll make a few friends also.

--Slaps "Kick me, I'm a newbie" sticker on Doug's back.--

Ah, just kidding, welcome! And remember, NO OAR = NO SALE!

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
Nice of you to join us, Doug.
We look forward to you being a contributing member of society (as opposed to lurking).
What's the matter with us lurkers here? We're human beings too, darnit. :)
Have fun during your stay with us... it may be for the rest of your life. (maniacal laughter echoing)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks