Though I Hate These Kinds Of Threads - Just Where Is Sliver?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by David Levy, Oct 30, 2004.

1. David Levy

David Levy Stunt Coordinator

Not a masterpiece by any stretch, I know... but its one of only a few catalogue titles I am waiting for now.

I read most of the same sites as most of you guys, I am sure, but has anyone heard any news? I'd really like to get my hands on this one.

2. MarcusUdeh

MarcusUdeh Supporting Actor

If Paramount has any plans to release this title soon they should do it right. There has been an UNRATED Home Video version available from jump. Also the movie tested extremely poor and there is plenty of exercised footage to see the light of day. In addition, director Phillip Noyce could easily oblige in a feature-length commentary. Although I would, much prefer a solo Joe Eszterhas yank-track. If done properly a featurette based on the then raising star, Sharon Stone and how her sex symbol image help give hype for the movie. So promotional one sheets and such should be included along side TV spots and theatrical trailers.

3. Mike Wadkins

Mike Wadkins Supporting Actor

well paramount and unrated dont go hand in hand

4. MarcusUdeh

MarcusUdeh Supporting Actor

Paramount could get past their very own policy if that used seamless branching and marketed the director’s cut as part of “special features” which would not be rated. DTS 5.1 would greatly benefit potential sales of this title.

5. Adam_ME

Adam_ME Supporting Actor

I wonder if they'd include the alternate ending with the volcano.

6. David Levy

David Levy Stunt Coordinator

DTS? Samless branching???? Oh please... Paramount may remaster this, but that's all we'll get. I've no problem with a barebones release, I just want the release!

7. Matt-R

Matt-R Extra

It's too bad this is a Paramount title. After reading the "Alternate versions" & "Trivia" pages on the IMDB, this could have made a really interesting special edition. At best I'd say all we'll get is the R rated cut and maybe if we're really lucky the trailer.