Those who have seperated. Would you ever go back?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin. W, Nov 26, 2001.

1. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

I just reciently finished my move to seperates with the addition of a Marantz AV560U to replace my Denon 1801. Picked up the unit for $400US(New in Box) and have been totally blown away by what it brings to my HT setup. When I first got into HT I had a Yamaha RXV495 powering my Paradigm Mini Monitor/CC-350/PS1000 setup. The sound was excellent. Then I added the Denon 1801 for DTS and enjoyed the sound that it brought to my setup(less bright). Addition of a Rotel RMB-1066 brought even more detail, better sound stage, clarity to my speakers that I never heard before with both receivers. I also noticed my rears came alive, probably due to less strain put on the Denons amp. Addition of the Marantz has again brought to light sounds, effects, detail that I never heard before in movies. Time to watch all my movies over again to see what I missed the first time. And never again will I move back to an all in one system. Top marks to Rotel and Marantz build quality. Unlike my Denon or Yamaha, I can turn the volume up to Max(no audio playing) and get Nothing in the way of static coming from the speakers.

Kevin

2. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Kevin (!): Nope.
    I started with a 2 channel stereo pre amp/amplifier set up, then added the old Yamaha DSP-E1000 for Dolby Pro Logic.
    Then went to the Yamaha 793 for Dolby Digital, but still using (at that point) a Nakamichi PA-5AII amp for the mains.
    Then switched to a Sony TA-E9000ES pre/pro (for DD/DTS), with (eventually) 2 Acurus A200x3 amps. Then added an old Shure HTS5300 Dolby Pro Logic decoder for a 6.1 DIY set up.
    I like the sound performance better, flexibility, and the impressiveness of the stack of eqp. [​IMG]

3. Legairre

Legairre Supporting Actor

Kevin,

I just picked up my Rotel 1095 tonight. I can't answer your question yet, because I can't even open the box until XMAS(my wife even made me take it to HER mother's house for safe keeping). I'll let you know after then. Let's hope I don't regret not getting the Sherbourn.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Sherboun's site is back up.

4. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

Legairre,

That hurts. The pain of waiting another 4 weeks before you can crack that box open. I know its a christmas gift but you should have told her you needed to demo it with the speakers to make sure its a perfect fit. Then box it up and put it under the tree. You can't go wrong with the Rotel. I have the lower end model(RMB 1066) and its build quality and sound are excellent.

Kevin

5. Legairre

Legairre Supporting Actor

Kevin,

Your right. IT'S KILLING ME! I tried the "let me just give it a whirl so see that it works". She wants me to wait so the kids think that Santa brought for XMAS. My twins just turned 10 and she wants them to have one more Santa XMAS. I keep telling her that all the kids at school leaked that Santa stuff about a year ago, but she says just one more. My boys are snowing us both, because they just play along with the Santa thing.

I do have a birthday coming up on the 6th though. Maybe that is my way of getting my hands on it.

I'm dying over here. I feel like I'm 10 years old again and waiting for XMAS to get my GIJoe with the kung-fu grip. Maybe she'll throw me a bone and let me at least open the box and smell the foam.

6. Tim Kilbride

Tim Kilbride Stunt Coordinator

Sorry,
    I will never go back to a receiver for my main theater setup...I use a Denon AVP-8000, Sony 7000 DVD, Carver PM-300 amps...I love it...
    Tim K.
    [​IMG]

7. SHAWN SZILEZY

SHAWN SZILEZY Stunt Coordinator

My current system is powered by a Carver AV705X and a A400X. The processing is provided by a Lexicon DC-1.
    "Would you ever go back"
    Nope...never...can't do it!
    Thx......Shawn [​IMG]

8. chris c

chris c Stunt Coordinator

Speaking strictly from the stereo side of things I would de-separate for a Jeff Rowland Concentra integrated. No problem.