What's new

those SCARFACE voices sound awfully familiar (1 Viewer)

Casey Neutron

Stunt Coordinator
I've never heard anyone address this, but I swear in the opening scene of SCARFACE, two of the officers interrogating Pacino sound amazingly like Dennis Franz and Charles Durning. Now, these two actors don't appear in the movie (though they've both appeared in previous DePalma films) but it seems as though the other actors in the scene have had their voices dubbed by Franz and Durning. Not even IMBD lists them as unbilled voice-overs, but I'm sure it's them. Check it out for yourself and let me know what you think.

Mark Hammon

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed that the first time I saw the film. I assumed the same thing you did that DePalma couldn't get them in the movie so he used their voices.
I looked in the credits as well and didn't see them listed.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
Since Dennis Franz was in Blow Out, Dressed to Kill and Body Double (in other words, every other film from that part of De Palma's career), it's not a stretch to imagine him in Scarface, even if only in an unbilled off screen performance. Of course, Charles Durning was in The Fury and Sisters, so that's not a stretch either.
It is odd that, even though unbilled, they're not listed on IMDb. Maybe they've never been confirmed by anyone (or have actually been vehemently denied by someone).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks