What's new

Those Daring Young Men in Their Jaunty Jalopies (1 Viewer)

njslipnut

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
Anyone know why this film has never been released on DVD.
The follow up movie to it, "......In Their flying Machines" has.

Joe Lugoff

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe
I think there's some confusion here.

"Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines" came first, in 1965.

"Jaunty Jalopies" came in 1969 -- and wasn't a followup, really. I think it just ripped off the title of the other movie.

Bonedwarf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
Been after this myself. Just checked the alternate title "Monte Carlo or Bust" and found nothing either. Disappointing:frowning:

FrancisP

Screenwriter
The odds are better that California will fall into the ocean befoere Paramount releases a title like this.

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
I did buy the laserdisc version 4 or 5 years ago which is in the original 2:35 OAR and by and large it is a good film - nothing like Terry Thomas in another devious role. Since Magnificent Men and The Great Race have been out for some time you would think Paramount would consider it.

margaret l

Auditioning
Real Name
Margaret Lundy
Rapt to see this one finally being released. Had almost given up hope. Would have been nice to hear from Tony Curtis about this movie.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
The transfer looks good and it is in 2.35 anamorphic despite that it lists it as in 1.75 on the back. Legend Films has included a trailer. I have to give a hats off to Legend Films for what they have done to their Paramount releases. I was impressed with the transfers. I also thank them for giving us these 60's and 70's films that while they are not the best films ever made, they sure are fun. Oh, also the title song sung by Jimmy Durante in Those Daring Young Men is worth the cost of the DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks