What's new

Chuck Pennington

Screenwriter
15266E4F-BEEA-4AA3-8881-2FE081412AD8.jpeg

LINK: Thoroughly Modern Millie (1967) Video Release Comparison

Chuck Pennington

Screenwriter
It looks like the LaserDisc is open matte. There doesn’t seem to be a huge difference between the DVD and Blu-ray, but I viewed the video clip comparison on my phone.
You need to watch it in 1080p on a TV, not your phone.

Notice how back in the day they squeezed and windowboxed the ending with a green border. Now the image isn’t distorted, but the color fading on the optical has gotten worse. The background is no longer an olive green. Surely some additional color correction on the new master was in order - not to match the LD, per se, but it does seem like it has more accurate color for this optical even if the resolution is terribly limited by home video technology of the time.

Indy Guy

Premium
Real Name
Tony Baxter
No difference that I could see. I like the original art on the box but setting up the disc for English is more hassle than the US version.
It may be slightly less robust than the US version visually, but that is just an eyeball observation. The mono overture is identical

MBrousseau

Second Unit
Real Name
Martin Brousseau
I own the Éléphant Films Blu-ray edition of Millie. Not only the audio version of the overture and intermission are still in mono, but they didn't include the Exit music. :eek: The movie looks just the same as the Kino Lorber release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks