What's new

THORN BIRDS on DVD??? (1 Viewer)

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
Just watched THE VIEW and they were mentioning that they were giving the audience copies of the DVD! I wasn't aware of this having been released? Anyone have any details on this??/

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I don't recall any R1 release of The Thorn Birds on DVD. I may be forgetting something, but I don't even recall right now any RUMORS of it coming, not here on HTF or anywhere else.

Does anyone have anything?

Amazon says it's not out or coming soon...but that's not always conclusive.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I too saw and confirm... Starr Jones said she had already WATCHED these on a plane flight!

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
This is a surprise. I'd like something a little more solid like a link to a quote or a press release.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
I work in for a used place and had one of these (I guess) come through. There also have been several ebay auctions as well. None of them mention them coming from the View. A search of Ebay's completed auctions show a few that ended as early as March 24.

-Ian

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I don't know what to say about that, except that if I worked behind the scenes at that show, I'd be tempted to snatch one from the box for myself, if there seemed to be extra. Other, even less scrupulous folk, might be tempted to take a bunch of them and profit from them on eBay.

Too, screeners may have not just been made for THAT occassion, but for others as well...and resulted in one making its way to Arizona and your store.

I see 4 eBay auctions: 1 current (seller in AZ...that the copy you had in your store? :wink: ) and 3 ended (2 from GA, and 1 in OK). Asking price for the current one is $56 with 11 bids. The others range from $82 to $134, and all are on or after 3/24. All 4 show the exact same cover.

These could be the screeners, or - we cannot discount possibilities - they could be bootlegs. The cover design is a bit more complicated than the average screener I've seen, but definately less complicated than a retail package.

In any case, Warner stated to me definatively that this is not available in stores yet. They ARE producing a DVD set for future release, but its not far enough along yet to even estimate a timeframe. I think it's a safe bet that Paramount's Shogun will hit first...but of course you never know.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
I am pretty sure its not a bootleg. I have seen my fair share of boots come through and the printing on the sleeves is nice and crisp as well as screening on the discs. It has the all the Hallmark channel info on it as well as Warner Cable information. I should pop the discs in (if I still have it at work) to check for screener blurbs.

--Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks